I've been studying with JW's for a few months..

by MichaelM 101 Replies latest jw friends

• MichaelM
    MichaelM

You have fallen for the "help-with-strong-but-invisible-strings" and have taken the bait. JWs NEVER offer ANYTHING to a nonJW simply out of the gooodness of their hearts. I can assure you that he will be witnessing to you in every conceivable way, hints on how "great" it is to BE a JW, vivd comparisons about "the world vs the WTS", and a continual and constant opportunity to bend your ear as a captive audience. He may not be outwardly "talking scripture" but he WILL be "pushing the Watchtower". ( It may take a little while, but it WILL happen. It is a given. If I am wrong....I will be the first to apologize.) I know Russ really well. I can say that he will back off if I tell him to. He has friends that aren't witnesses and he will stop witnessing when asked to. His best friend used to be a JW but stopped going to meetings, stopped studying, stopped reading any material and that sort of thing. Chances are here realized how bad the watchtower really is. But they're still great friends and he trusts him over anyone else and hes NOT technically a JW. I know what i'm putting myself into, There will be high speed internet I just called and found out. It will be an interesting adventure. I have many options if things don't turn out for me. Right now finding a roomate is very difficult so living out there in the cabin will be just fine until I decide to make new plans. I will be willing to say that if and when you visit ANY other church.....that he will be right there waiting for you where you live, picking "what you heard" apart and making these comparisons, with the Watchtower ALWAYS coming up smelling like a rose as against evil old Christendom. Being in the situation you have now agreed to place yourself IN.....you will end up either being extremely unhappy with this decision TO move in....or knuckle under to the pressure (subtle or otherwise) to begin another more intensified study of the Watchtower indoctrination program. There IS no Christian freedom in the Watchtower. YES! I agree 100% with this. He does this but ONLY on our religious talk time. Theres other times where i'll tell him I DO not want to hear his JW side and he will shuush about it and we will talk about music and other RL matters. He will poke in a few JW things here and there but they're very subtle and don't bother me. I do hope you use your time at the cabin, MichaelM, to put some money away in case things go south. I know more than a few Witnesses who have formed a dependent relationship with a study, in order to keep them in. Think about how dependent you are becoming on his help. The only dependancy i'll have is that HE is the one renting out the cabin to me. But let me say, he is a man of his word and he NEVER goes back on it and he doesn't stiff people. We have made an agreement that he will leave me alone with Witnessing if I don't come into the "truth" and thats that. Hes a very black and white person and I trust that he will uphold that. If not then he is a liar and i'm sure that wouldn't look good in Jehovah God's eyes would it? I'm not worried if anything goes wrong, which I really doubt it would. I have many friends and many hands that would be offered to me incase of any real danger. I've read about 50 pages into "Crisis of Conscience" by Raymond Franz. This was great though.. I was at his work and he sits by a window because its a drive-thru and loves talking to his customers while his wife preps the food. He witnesses to them and whatnot, bad for business IMO but he does it.. its his business. Anyways i'll get to the point. I brought the book to his work and said "Hey Russ check it out I got another Apostate book you're gonna hate!". and he turns to his customer and goes "Hey! Michael just brought another apostate book i'm gonna hate! this will be great. I'll tear it to shreds!" I followed up with "Wait... You can't associate yourself with Apostates can you? Then you can't read this book. It's full of lies and minsunderstandings right? I mean.. Raymond Franz just felt like writing up 400 pages of nonsense because hes under the great influence of Satan" And he responded with "It probably is all junk but it would be fun to poke at." Ohh but this book makes so much sense! I'll delve into it more tonight.But yeah, i'll be at this boards for a long time. The Watchtower won't get a hold of me. .. Heh.. I just had this picture in my head of when the Borg were taking over the Enterprise and they took Picard.. And then one of those movies where they brainwash all the students and they become these Killer preps. Yeah, that's what the Watchtower is reminding me of now.

• Highlander

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit