Any Circuit or District Overseers That Made An Impression On You?

by minimus 84 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Bob Suiter, Jim Hall, Bob Salee

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

choosing life:

that CO was the one I was talking about: Albert Cobble. (I think this is him: yes????!!)

Here's a story I heard from a local brother about that sales man. Albert and his wife had a trailer that he took to the congos. But he also had 2 apartments in the last circuit he stayed in, one at each end of the circuit. So he only needed the trailer when he was too far from the apartments. YET, he would hook his trailer up to the KH so he could run his AC/electrical and use it as his office (he said it was for circuit work, but they found out later it was for ACN/LCI phone.... that is nothing but a MLM scheme. they resell a legal service (phone) to keep it legit, but they make all their money recruiting people at $500 a pop to get in.....most people dont stay long enough to get the $500 back, so its all free money for the upstream reps (like Cobble and his son). ).... finally the local elders gave him the ultimatum..either use the apartment or the trailer when you serve the close congos, but not both...apartment was nice....so he chose that...they may have told him if he wants to use both, contribute to the utilites....

I know how much he was bringing in (it was hundreds a week) because the local brother who told me this story would get the CO's mail for him and it was those window envelopes and you could see the amounts of the checks. I verified this story from an elder (that was privy to the investigation) myself.

In the view of the local friends, he and his wife were money grubbers....by any standard... they took a vow of poverty to be in the Special Order of Full-Time Servants (SOFTS). I think that is why Legal might have been involved.

The friends complained. But the Borg was taking their time. Apparently Legal was involved because of the SOFTS issue . Finally, and it took over a year of investigating, the Borg got a couple of DO's and a CO and they had a committee and gave him the boot. The upshot was that they were supposed to vacate the apartment immediately. They did not do so in time for the sub CO to stay there (they drove in from 90 min away), so the sub CO and his wife had to stay at a private home near the KH, use their own vehicle (because the CO was still using the leased circuit cart...to go to ACN sales meetings!)

We should not be surprised.. The Borg created this monster with its Service Sales Meetings

By the way, the above pic came from a Web site for TahitianNoni...yet another MLM scheme he and his son are into. (the noni juice works, but it is just a product to make the recruiting legal)...and if you are in MLM....tough! if its about recruiting, its crap. I can buy ACN service or Noni juice without becoming a rep.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "cant stand ACN/MLM schemes" Sheep Class)

• minimus
    minimus

Most Witnesses would feel that if they can't trust a CO, who can they trust?

• Black Man
    Black Man

Leora Brown - debunked DO that was disfellowshipped, whatever happened to him?

• minimus
    minimus

Was this Brother Brown a black CO in the Mass./RI border during the late 70s???

• juni
    juni

It has been so many years for me - 14 - it's hard to remember them.

I do remember a Bro. Illingsworth as a DO if it's the same guy.

My fave CO was a Jack Cobb. No wife as I remember. He was so kind and understanding about families w/kids even though he didn't have any.

I'm sure he has passed on.

Anyone remember a Bakken? To me he was a little Hitler. He got his arse in the grinder for borrowing a Corvette from a brother and driving around. LOL Very opinionated and a complainer when he didn't get what he was used to.

Also, there was a Johnson. Don't remember his first name. Very kind person. Also a Garrett and his wife. That was back in the ' 70s. I washed their laundry for them and had them for meals. They were nice, but pretty stiff and proper.

Juni ~~~

• minimus
    minimus

Where are all the New England posters???

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I particularly liked (younger) Humer and (older) Wayland. Both really nice people with very nice and down-to-earth wives. I DIDN'T like old Arthur Stevens, a staunch, no-nonsense stern-faced man with NO sense of humor at ALL. His wife was just like him. There was one named Arbor that I like too.

• LiveLife
    LiveLife

Misanthropic,

John Francis AleƩ stayed with my family for two weeks during pioneer school two years in a row. He and I became what I considered friends. His talks were always interesting and he had worked more jobs than anyone I ever met. Pharmaceutical salesman, monk in a monastery; his work history really ran the gamut.

He was the most studious JW I knew; he inspired me to study more. He is probably responsible for me leaving the organization.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Snakes in the Tower,

That was the CO I was talking about,Cobble. The last time he served our congregation, he announced from the platform that he was not making any money from the brothers and that those causing him trouble should stop. He was pretty sleazy, in my opinion. That was his last visit. A pioneer tryed to get my huband to join the phone company scheme. He bought the phone service to help out the pioneer, but didn't realize that the real money came from recruiting others. I know several that lost $500.00 that way.

Did he actually get disfellowshipped or just deleted as a CO? I was into the noni juice for a short while, until I found out it was about making money rather than helping people. I heard Witnesses lie about ailments and this miracle cure at their sales meetings too often.

Choosing Life

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit