Any Circuit or District Overseers That Made An Impression On You?

by minimus 84 Replies latest jw friends

• voltaire
    voltaire

I liked Ken Ebberline, Jay Kozinski. Wasn't too keen on Al Wallin.

• DocBob
    DocBob

I liked Paul Illingworth too. I went on a "shepherding call" with him on an older lady in our congregation many years ago. We also had Ray Harriman as CO. Every time he came, a bunch of us took him target shoot. He always reminded me of Tim Conway. Didn't like Alan Hood. Paul Illingworth helped us out dealing with him

• Mary
    Mary

Dave Gannon was an outright wicked and evil man.

Yeah.....I remember hearing my sister complain about what an asshole he was....the entire congregation hated him. The only nice CO I remember having was when I was a kid: Brother Rosem. He seemed like a nice man, but as I say, I was only a kid. Most of the other ones I've met have all been arrogant idiots. I told one off several years ago when I lived in Calgary. A (materially) poor sister (but a real sweetheart) had this CO and his wife over for lunch and invited me along too. I had already taken a dislike to him (as had practically the entire congregation) but when he criticized this sisters' meal that she had prepared for him to her face and made her cry, I (naturally) couldn't control myself and said to him 'Tell me: Are you always this rude to people or are you just in a bad mood today?'

You would have thought I just asked him for sex, because he just sat there for a moment in shock that anyone (let alone a dumb blonde) would dare to speak to him that way. Actually, I think he got off easy, because I really wanted to bash his face in but didn't feel like going to The Big House for someone like him. Anyway, the asshole reported me to my elder body and I'm sure he probably asked for me to be tarred and feathered or some equally absurd punishment. Fortunately for me, none of the elders could stand him either and were surprised when I told them what he had said to this sister that prompted my reply.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Louie Leone, He was a good speaker and seemed like a nice guy. He's been dead since the 80's. I'm pretty sure at the time he thought it was the truth as much as I did. He was a circuit overseer in the 60's back in Clevland. Same with Earl Singer. Earl Singer was a retired millionare trucker, he believed also. Also dead since the 80's.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Mario Beltrami was doing the sunday main talk at a district assembly once......... and he described babilon the great as a "whore" (he used a pretty explicit foreign language term for the word whore)!

Everyone was looking around with awe!

Mario was OK, but remember that so many were flipping the bill for his expensive outfits. He was probably comped on many vacations. People in my congo were always handing him stuffed envelopes. And I know a brother that loved giving him technology gifts

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I liked Paul Illingworth also. He stayed in my home twice. The first time was his first time in the Circuit work. He is a very bright man, he also had a very dry sense of humor.

Leslie

• Frank75
    Frank75
    He was probably comped on many vacations. People in my congo were always handing him stuffed envelopes. And I know a brother that loved giving him technology gifts

That is how you got assigned parts on the assembly or in the dramas. "Holy Spirit at work brothers!"

Frank75

• Frank75
    Frank75
    I was a kid: Brother Rosem

Mary:

I remember him too. Eugene was his name. Never had him as a CO though. In fact I don't really remember CO visits before 1975. Not that we didn't have them, I just don't remember. I was born in '62.

The first one I recall was ? (Br) Vincent. He was animated and dynamic. There was an old TV actor that reminded me of him or or vice versa, but I can't remember his name.

One day after I meet you in person, I would love to meet your sister to compare notes on this gigantic A-hole of a man.

Frank75

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Sure -Gerrit Loesch - oh sorry he is not CO/DO but GB. Anyway, he made an impresion because he is the most boring speaker I have ever heard

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I had already taken a dislike to him (as had practically the entire congregation) but when he criticized this sisters' meal that she had prepared for him to her face and made her cry, I (naturally) couldn't control myself and said to him 'Tell me: Are you always this rude to people or are you just in a bad mood today?'

Mary that would have made me angry too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit