Shunned at Walmart

by Grammy 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• R.F.
    R.F.

She didn't want to wait on her as a customer??

I wonder how some JWs would react to this scenario:

A disfellowshipped former JW is in need of CPR.....Would a JW be so strict on shunning that they refuse to give them that CPR with the JW knowing how to administer it?

• Rubens
    Rubens

To go one step further, JW's won't take blood. But they will take a certain fluid or item that is derived only from blood, but not considered blood (I apologize for the general post here, because I don't recall the exact name).

Very interesting. So they are willing to take something that comes from human blood, which could potentially save their life, but they will not contribute to the blood supply to save someone elses life. Hypocritical or what? Does anyone recall what the name of it is?

Rubens

• RHodge6685
    RHodge6685

I don't remember the name of the blood derivative JW's can use, but it's for hemophiliacs, to help their blood clot. And I know it takes lots and lots of blood to get just a little bit of the stuff. It makes absolutely no sense that JW's won't donate blood, but they will use the clotting factor that is only available after non-witnesses donate blood. Stupid!!!

• Mary
    Mary
    When I walked in I was the only one coming through the door so it's not like she didn't see me, she turned away and ignored me...

Contact management and tell them that she started making obscene gestures with her tongue when you walked in, and that she looks alot like someone they profiled on America's Most Wanted the other night.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

this is the funniest thread!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    it would be good if they became a store detective....you could walk out with a 42 inch plasma under your arm

ninja, you are hilarious.

Poor woman, did not even have skills enough to be a greeter at Wal-Mart. You were kind not to report her, so she could keep her job,

It was probably one of her top three most awkard times in her life. Kudos for that.

purps

• rebel8
    rebel8

Cultists who do not want to fulfill their stated job duties because of religious objections shouldn't accept employment that requires them to do so. It is dishonest, isn't it--accepting terms of employment when you know you aren't going to keep your word?

When the ones I used to know would get away with things like this, it would strengthen their faith. When businesses allow this, it creates a social norm that is really quite inappropriate and unacceptable. That is why I feel this behavior should not be allowed to gain a foothold.

You might want to check out this interesting thread about a human rights violation involving ritual shunning in a retail store: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/114128/1.ashx/Ruling+restricts+shunning+practices

If it was me in your situation Grammy, I would print out that news article (including the follow up article showing it was ruled to be a violation) and send it to the Walmart manager with a letter (unsigned if you wish), giving the name of the offender.

• undercover
    undercover

I usually shun Wal-Mart greeters...

I don't need some old geezer welcoming me to a store I hate and only go into because my wife is making me. And I'm quite capable of securing a shopping cart on my own, thank you very much.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I'd make a point of waving and smiling at her. Ask her how she's doing, how her family is etc every time I went there.

• unique1
    unique1

I am so sorry that you were treated that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit