Shunned at Walmart

by Grammy 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• ninja
    ninja

it would be good if they became a store detective....you could walk out with a 42 inch plasma under your arm

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

oh I love that - one man's torment is another man's game.

• Rubens
    Rubens

I can't even tell you the number of times this has happened to me. The number of times there is borderline eye-contact where Witnesses have seen me, only to turn their head or away. Then you bump into them a little later on and you get the, "Oh hi there, I never saw you" comment. I thought Witnesses weren't supposed to lie! LOL! Rubens

• eclipse
    eclipse

hahha, are you kidding? they are notorious liars!

• changeling
    changeling

The whole idea of being shunned by a Walmart greeter is hilarious! I would keep going back again and again and put her to the test. Eventually a co-worker or manager will catch her and she'll get into trouble.

I wonder if she is "supporting her ministry" with her Walmart salary...

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am firmly in the camp of: Go up to them, stick out your hand and warmly greet them, ask how they have been. I also (then) liked the suggestion that you apologise for your role in involving them in the organization. At that point, hand them a letter with information that you think is pertinent and your phone number.

Shelly (of the kill them with kindness crowd)

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

My wife had the same experience a few years ago and posted about it here: Shunned by the WalMart people greeter!

After talking to the manager, we never saw this JW working there again. Mind you we're not there often because we're not big fans of shopping at walmart because of their corporate policies, but that's another story.

Kwin

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Or you could go to the deli and get her some hard boiled eggs and baked beans, whew and offer it to this person for lunch, and say your such a hard working employee and your so friendly too please enjoy and do it in front of others.

Ha Ha

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's strange how you bring a person into the JWs and spend so much of your time to study with them (in fact indoctrinate them) and later you get shunned by them. That's how the dubs are but it's all in vain since they live in a fantasy world of being chosen by god and will soon live in paradise earth.

• blondie
    blondie

A female jw asked me about a dilemma she had. She was the only checker and it wasn't break time yet, and a df'd jw came through her line.

She felt guilty about waiting on her...I pointed out, are you willing to lose your job, your livelihood, your means of living? If a fellow employee or supervisor saw this, how would you explain your actions?

Needless to say, but I will, she waited on that customer. Nothing like money to cure a jw's conscience dilemma.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit