Shunned at Walmart

by Grammy 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Grammy
    Grammy

the greeter was a woman I once called friend and who (unfortunately now) was baptized after studying with me for a year. When I walked in I was the only one coming through the door so it's not like she didn't see me, she turned away and ignored me...not wanting to lower myself to her level I simply got a shopping cart and went about my shopping, my first instinct was to report her to management for dereliction of duty but I thought better of that because my doing so would show her it upset me. I really owe her a debt of gratitude because it was at her baptismal talk that my first strong doubt that it was the Truth finally penetrated my foggy brain, as I sat and repeated the baptismal questions to myself at the assembly when she was being baptized I realized they were not the same ones I answered in 1974, that started me on my journey out of the org. Thank Goodness!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Yours is the second experience I've read about of being shunned by a Wal-Mart greeter. I find that amazing, since the JW's have a loophole for business dealings; when I was a JW I jumped at the chance to talk to a DF'd person when I had a "valid" excuse.

Sorry for your experience, but glad you could put a positive spin on it!

Dave

• Highlander
    Highlander

On a postiive note:

At least you are the consumer in this situation, while your 'friend' has to work in the lucrative postion of 'walmart greeter'.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

This never fails to amaze me (although it shouldn't at this point). You studied with this person. If she really believes she has the truth now, she should feel a debt of gratitude to you for saving her from destruction. Unless she's angry at you for indoctrinating her in the first place.

• Open mind
    Open mind

LOL @ Highlander.

Couldn't help but think of today's Craptower lesson that contains an "experience" of some dub kid who actually got some of that there "higher ejoocashun" but then got a job as a "cleaner" anyway. And he's a JW WT hero now.

*shaking head slowly*

Open Mind

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I would urge you to report her malfeasance to her management. She is not doing the job she was hired to do. She can see how high her "rights" (does a professional greeter have the right to shun people while she's on the job? Homey don't think so!) fly.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Maybe Walmart should be informed! That, JW welcomers could not welcome any XJW, that it would be against their religion.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I had the experience once of seeing a person I had brought into the org. I was at a restaurant with a friend and this woman from my past came over and said hi. Then after a few minutes of chat, she said, "you know you're bad association, don't you?" I said, "then why are you talking to me?" and turned my head and ignored her!

• horrible life
    horrible life

Don't say anything. Walmart, will discipline her, she will get a lawyer, and sue Walmart on the basis of religion.

She will get a multi-million dollar lawsuit, and give a portion to the society. And so it goes.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Maybe she was embarrassed because she is only qualified to get a job as a walmart greeter!

Don't let her bother, instead shun them. They don't like it when it's given back to them.

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit