WTS hasn't corrected mistakes in NWT on John 20:28.....

by A-Team 212 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wayne L
    Wayne L

5go. Just wanted to correct what you said, in case someone reads it. I did not call myself a "scholar". I said "student". I'm still learning and waiting for you to teach me something I don't already know. You know, it's boring dealing with people who are only on these sites to call people liars and insult their intelligence. I'm waiting for you to type an original thought without downloading of the net. I don't read lengthy downloads. I can find these sites without your help. Come on. An original idea. Wayne

• Wayne L
    Wayne L

Just a general Q to anyone who picks up on it.

Why does everyone in these posts make a big deal about the big, bad, NWT and its mistranslations, yet no one mentions the major falsity of the KJ which stands to this day?

I refer to 1John 5:7, and Rev. 1:11. The first of these is the only verse in the entire bible that supports the Trinity by itself, with no debate required. It was known to be false centuries ago and started to be removed from NTs around 1860 or so. It was never a hidden secret.

Of the 4 Alpha Omega verses, Rev 1:11 can be called the strongest support for Jesus being refered to as AO This verse likewise has been removed starting well over a century ago.

When people talk about false bibles, why do they not talk about this one, the most famous false bible of all time? These 2 verses, plus numerous other parts of KJ, are known to be spurious, yet they are still sold everywhere without a disclaimer.

With Catholic bibles, I believe, it was the 1966 JB that first removed these verses. Care to comment, anyone? Thanks, Wayne

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Wayne you have answered your own question

It was never a hidden secret.

• Wayne L
    Wayne L

Thanks for trying, but that wasn't my question. Wayne

• 5go
    5go
    I'm waiting for you to type an original thought without downloading of the net. I don't read lengthy downloads. I can find these sites without your help. Come on. An original idea.

Yeah most JW's don't do that when it disagrees with their outlook on the world. I you can find these site the go read them. Narkissos Has pointed out you give credit to JW's things that the protestants thought of during the refomation. You said Revelation is giberish so did Martin Luther he then added Esther and some others to the list.

Besides I am siting things verses just saying them. I am also not an armchair scholar of crap. ( I dropped out of school, about to go back though ) Nor did I claim it. But on the internet claiming something is no good if you can't back it up.

By the way people that are losing an argument tend to point out spelling and grammar mistakes. Rather than focus on their argument.

Luther's view of canonicity

Initially Luther had a low view of the books of Esther, Hebrews, James, Jude, and Revelation. He called the Epistle of James "an epistle of straw," finding little in it that pointed to Christ and His saving work. He also had harsh words for the book of Revelation, saying that he could "in no way detect that the Holy Spirit produced it." [3] He had reason to question the apostolicity of Hebrews, James, Jude, and Revelation because the early church categorized these books as antilegomena, meaning that they were not accepted without reservation as canonical. Luther did not, however, remove them from his editions of the Scriptures. His views on some of these books changed in later years.

Luther chose to place in the Apocrypha, an inter-testamental section of his bible, those portions of the Old Testament found in the Greek Septuagint but not in the Hebrew Masoretic text. These were included in his earliest translation, but were later set aside as "good to read" but not as the inspired Word of God. The setting aside (or simple exclusion) of these texts in/from Bibles was eventually adopted by nearly all Protestants (See Biblical canon).

• Wayne L
    Wayne L

Welcome quietlyleaving. See you're new, like myself. My mother was born in North Battleford. Know anyone there?

My Q was why we don't discuss the 100s (1000s?) of errors in all English bibles and the constant retranslating to try to get it right. There are currently over 100 English bibles and counting. Let's have fun with that. Wayne

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving
    My Q was why we don't discuss the 100s (1000s?) of errors in all English bibles and the constant retranslating to try to get it right. There are currently over 100 English bibles and counting. Let's have fun with that. Wayne

My question to you is

Why would we want to?

• Wayne L
    Wayne L

5go - You keep putting words in my mouth and you won't let up. I am NOT a JW or a member of any church. I did NOT say Rev. was gibberish. I implied that everyone who writes about it finds no agreement and its way beyond me, and apparently, everyone else. Unless you have figured it out.

And it doesn't matter that someone made a statement before the JWs did. If It's a true statement and has support from others, that's all that concerns me. Wayne

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi Wayne,

My real name is of course is Cristo (as in Count of ) but I don't want to give to much away at the moment just in case I get recaptured and become a prisoner again.Which would of course take away all the freedoms I hold so dear,such as freedom of expression and of thought.You know the kind of freedoms that men and women have died for over the centuries.The right to vote is a good one. If I don't like the guys in charge of running things and the way they carry out their responsibilities I can democratically vote them out,unlike the so called theocratic way of doing things that is practiced by the Boys from Brooklyn.Hey! that would make a good topic .Hold on and I will start one.

Edmond of the schitzophrenic class.

• 5go
    5go

Yet another clue why can't you just leave it at the NWT has mistakes and is twisted like all other bibles. Why are you defending them after you have stated you don't have any connection or really any care for JW's or their doctrene.

Let's have fun with that.

I am an athiest I say we do !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit