Update! Drew Sagan is no longer a Jehovah's Witness

by drew sagan 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Frank75
    Frank75

Drew:

I am sure you are glad it is over. Enjoy your freedom bro!

Frank75

• Namaste
    Namaste

Wow! I'm new here and am a little stunned that this is all it takes to get DF'd these days. I'm very interested in your story and look forward to reading some of your older threads. I'm hoping that someday I may be able to help my parents see a little light regarding this religion they have been with for 50-60 years. I know that it is a slim chance, but I have a little hope.

In the meantime, all the best to both of you!

• Quentin
    Quentin

I've read most of your posts...what nonsense...df has always been a wt tool to keep the r & f in line, but sheesh the manner they go about it these days is goofy...best to you and your wife Drew and hopefully your family members will at least begain to have doubts that might blossom into outright dissions to leave this goofy shame of a religion...best to ya folks...

• Twitch
    Twitch

Congrats

Now, go!

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Hi Drew!

I have anjoyed your posts bvefore, but wanted to get the whole picture so I just spent most of today reading ALL of them.

That post about how much time is wasted on being a dub drone was AWESOME! (jealous, why didn't I think of it?)

Congrats to you and Amber on being able to manage the process as much as you have, a freight train can be hard to steer anywhere but where the rails lead but you managed to gain a bit of advantage here and there.

Whether your small advantage will be enough to scratch MIL's armor remains to be seen, but nobody can say you didn't try.

Odd, MIL rats you out, and she was really the only reason you were still in! Isn't ironic, don't ya think?

Take heart, the only disfavor you have garnered is that of men, but you already know that.

If there is anything I can do for you or Amber, I am but PM away.

Roller

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Way to go Drew! You are an inspiration. Best wishes to you and your wife.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

So they are breaking a family up over an expired YMCA membership....NICE. What a bunch of *&^%$(#@

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I told my non-JW husband of the reason that your wife was DF'd. He had an interesting comment. My husband works in the ER at our local hospital. The name of the hospital is WCA..stands for Women's Christian Association. Now he is laughing even more at the JW's. He treats JW's all the time, doesn't seem to bother them coming to the hospital that is owned by the same type of association that owns the YMCA.

Leslie

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

I was telling my rommie this last night and she didn't even know you could join the YMCA. Sometimes I think I know more about the JW's than she does (all because of you guys). Your the best.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Thanks again for all your replies. We are still waiting to meet up with the in-laws so what is going to happen remains to be seen.

We'll keep you posted.

-Drew

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit