Update! Drew Sagan is no longer a Jehovah's Witness

by drew sagan 74 Replies latest jw friends

• BFD
    BFD
    "If you think you can hold on just so you can talk to mommy and daddy think again"

Evil, Evil Man. And I would ask them why they did not feel the need to pray to Jehoover for guidance. What a bunch of a**holes!

Good luck to you and your wife and here's hoping that her parents will follow you out of the cult.

BFD

• minimus
    minimus

Drew, I guess we all knew how "merciful" the elders would be.

If Elder B is sincere, I would regularly call him to show him how you can prove the Witnesses are a cult. If he regularly gets together with you, he may be legit. If he suddenly now avoids you after getting your feelings on the "Truth", then he's a phoney!!!

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

I am glad, for the most part, to be out. Freedom. The thing that troubles me the most is that my sister bears the brunt of punishment. She will feel awful about having to cut me off. We weren't super close but, still. My mom has to deal with what she has done (ratting me out to the elders for joining the Y) on her own. Maybe my dad will finally be forced to look at what he is dealing with - a cult. As for me, I won. I can choose for myself what is right and wrong.

All three elders has had a close family member that was or is Df'd. Two of them were reluctant to vote for DF because they know it doesn't work. They just didn't know what else to do. I guess being an elder eventually causes one's balls to shrivel up and fall off.

• dawg
    dawg

I would have busted that son of a bit** right in the mouth.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Yes the freedom is good! It's a very refreshing feeling to know you are no longer a part of such an ignorant system.

minimus, Keeping in touch with Elder-B from time to time is something i'm thinking about doing. He did promise he would share with me the response he gets from the society in regards to his letter.

And yes it took much to hold back the utter shock of hearing Elder-A say two or three times that they are not going to let my wife remain in good standing if she only is hoping to keep contact with her family.

Thanks for all the comments

-Drew

• 38 Years
    38 Years

This story should get published somewhere. It is so typical but still unbelievable. I had a friend at work read this story (hope you don't mind). She said "it's so frickin unbelieveable, over the YMCA???".

I hope both of you enjoy your new freedom. It's great to have a whole new life ahead!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    I had a friend at work read this story (hope you don't mind)

Well.... I did publish it to the internet! I do understand where you are coming from with this. Thanks for sharing!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Elders are such assholes!

Who are they to say that someone isn't sorry enough, I started another thread the other day regarding Sin and Forgivness, someone posted on there that you can't get disfellowshipped for confessing and being sorry about your actions, hummm

• dawg
    dawg

I remember the first time I was dF... I asked the elders to pray for me; they harshly said no go becasue I was dead in thier eyes... One of the many things that let me see it was all bull. Drew, you're free.... I'd not give these bastards another thought if i didn't have family in this bull. But i truuly feel it's my obligatoin to end their reign they've had over my family all these years. THey will go down, slowly but surly they will be eliminated.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Drew & Amber,

I'm really sorry you were treated this way. Hopefully the local elders inability to play by their own rules in this matter will help your family. At least you were both able to escape together!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit