What was your WORST Field Service encounter???

by TheCoolerKing 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

once out in service, going to a RV I hit the mailbox of the householder, while the son was watching.........and there was a young child in the car.....and well, others and when I hit it I said $hit!!!

Another time some woman started speaking in tongues. It really was kinda scarey and we were trying to be polite at the door, while we were backing away trying to haul a$$.

A guy came to the door in his underwear, so natural, like if he was fully dressed. I did a presentation and placed the mag, trying not to act like anything was amiss.

I think the worse ones are when the house stunk so badly you just knew you were going to vomit and the smell seemed to stay on you for the rest of the service day.

purps

• Hermano
    Hermano

Can remember right now. But boy, what a huge waste of time! And to think, all those people that told me that I was controlled by men, and I was in a cult where right.

One brother in my cong got a dirty diaper thrown on his head by an upstairs window. Needless to say he did not like field service and he let everyone know it by leaving at 11:30 AM instead of 12 PM like most folks. I thought I was better than him.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

When I drove by the KH this morning there was an almost full parking lot. It looks like the good weather has brought every one out (or is it the WEEKS UNTIL ARMAGEDDON)?

I am sorry you have had such dangerous experiences in field service. I have had doors slammed and dogs attack (and I am not even a JW)! If y'all would come to my house, I would invite you in and give you something yummy to eat, but then I would ask some really DIFFICULT questions about the WT! So maybe you would rather that I had a gun instead....

• FairMind
    FairMind

My worst experience was while conducting a newly started Bible study. The man I was studying with was a Black Muslim and when I asked what was God’s name he said Allah. I calmly explained to him that Allah was a title not a name and that God’s name was Jehovah. He became very quiet and then told me that I was fortunate that he didn’t get up from his chair and cut my throat. I cut the study short (at that very point) and with heart in throat backed my way out the front door.

• kwr
    kwr

I think the JW's should change to street witnessing. While I have never been a JW I have had neighbors treat them badly and have their dogs threaten them. In the JW Knocking DVD there is a extra segment about street witnessing where people are a lot more receptive and tend not to get offended.

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing
    Setting the alarm clock for 8 A.M. Saturday morning every Friday night.

I gotta agree with you on that one Honesty! I'm so glad those days are over!!!

• carla
    carla

Well I can't reply to a field service encounter of my own, but I can tell you about the poor jw woman who had the bad luck to knock on my door! This was right after all the shit hit the fan in my house with my jw starting meetings and them telling him to lie to me. My research about jw's was just in the begining stages and the stories here and elswhere horrified and frightened me greatly. I don't know why she was by herself, but pretty as can be she knocks on my door after a day of jw arguments with my husband. (we don't even know any other jw's) She tries to tell me the jw news of the day and I just laid into her. I told her I knew all about the jw's and threw everything in my arsenal at her at one time, the UN, the pedophile issue, the abuses, the shunnings, the murders & suicides, blood, flip flops, you name it I said it. I do believe a few expletives flew as well. She just stood there with her mouth hanging open, just said sorry and left. I feel bad about it now, I'm sure she was just some delusional pioneer or something. In my defense I did ask many (on different boards) what to expect and was in the midst of mourning and anger at what I knew would be coming and blamed her or those like her. Those that purposely try to destroy families. I know, they don't think they are. He made the choice. I shouldn't have taken it out on her personally but, man! her timing was beyond bad! I'm sure it only added to her persecution complex they love so much and probably had a bit of a hero status in the cong for a day. At that point nobody knew where my jw lived yet and I never told him about the incident.

Funny thing is my jw does not appreciate when people knock on our door! At one time he thought people who go door to door with their cause were wierdos! ha, and look at him now!

• monophonic
    monophonic

1. every time i met someone from school when i was out in service. dad was a prick who made me go out every saturday from age 6 - 18. not that i wasn't bought into the 'truth' at the time, i just hated going out in service.

2. i left for about 18 months @ 20, came back and was given a 'love' study, i had a RV on a guy, one time went to his house and his girlfriend turned out to be a girl i dated when i was inactive.

3. i was at the donut shop for coffee break when i saw another girl i dated when i was inactive...i was actually starting to fall in love with her when i had to cut off all 'worldly' ties. she was there and saw me in a suit and asked what i was doing. i teared up and said 'i couldn't talk about it' and walked away.

4. i went out with a brother when i was in high school to one of his business return visits...which happened to be a deli owned by an iranian guy who let all the kids that his daughters knew from high school buy beer from him. we'd be in his place twice a week getting beer. i was found out and reproved later, but my heart thumped in my throat when he introduced me and the owner said, yes, i know him.

so, so, so, so great that part of my life is long over.

• zagor
    zagor

...apart from ending on police station because of witlessing there was this one time when a guy came out with an ax and started threatening to kill two of us right on the spot lol

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

First ever day in FS this guy threatens to put a rake through our heads.

It took years to finally get the 'message'!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit