What was your WORST Field Service encounter???

by TheCoolerKing 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Someone mentioned to me the other day about going door to door back when I was a JW.

"Weren't you scared to do something like that, knock on a stranger's door?"

Actually it's been so long that I had almost forgotten. But like so many other bad JW experiences that I'm sure we all have, those memories don't take long to resurface! I thought about Field Service and remembered being cussed at, called names and of course having some doors slammed in my face.

But the worst that I personally knew about was when someone poured water from an upstairs window down on a couple of JWs that were standing at their door, in the middle of January!

Anyone else experience something similar or worse than this in Field Service?

TCK

• blondie
    blondie

I had a gun pointed at me.......................fortunately, I have the ability to calm down agitated people quite quickly.

That was actually the most dangerous.

The worst was when the jw with me started arguing with the homeowner about the flag salute and hit the man when he called her a "bitch." He chased us off the property saying much more worse words than that. She gets to the car and tells the other jws that the man was severely opposed and attacked us...............is that a lie she told, I thought..............

Blondie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I too have been shot at with an air rifle

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

with my little girl and a man "f----" this and "f---" that. He just came out with an absolute mouth full of gutter language and did not bother that there was a youngster present

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing
    I had a gun pointed at me.......................fortunately, I have the ability to calm down agitated people quite quickly.

Wow Blondie!!! That's definitely a scary scenario. I'm glad that you were able to calm that guy down and that you are still with us!

• ninja
    ninja

my worst field service encounter was actually a study I was asked to attend in Summerston,Glasgow....the thing was the guys house was SMELLING...I mean really bad....an all pervasive thick sticky smell of death and ear wax....I couldn't concentrate on the study...I wanted to get out of there so bad....he made coffee.....but the froth didn't look too much like milk or cream so I didn't fancy a slice of it....the whole experience was like if you could have surround smell while watching the texas chainsaw massacre.....he could have used a pig as an air freshener and it would have improved the odour...and I had to wipe my feet on the way out ....and not as some pious religious gesture either...but just through necessity

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I was at a door once and the guy didn't say a word, but as I was talking, he gave the door a light shove and it swung slowly at first and then built up speed gradually to the slam. I never knew a door could be closed sarcastically before that moment. It was like the door slam version of the slow clap.

When I was 17, I went to a friend's Bible study with her and the student had a three-year-old son who was a little on the mentally deprived side. He kept staring at me and finally asked his mom, "Is her kind dumb?" He thought I was a kindred spirit apparently. On a positive note, I've kept that phrase with me all these years and enjoy pulling it out on appropriate occasions. "Is your kind dumb?"

My mom was the queen of falling down in field service. My favorite was when she slipped on an icy porch and did a back flip into a snow drift. The guy at the door enjoyed it as well. ;-)

• Honesty
    Honesty
    What was your WORST Field Service encounter???

Setting the alarm clock for 8 A.M. Saturday morning every Friday night.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I don't remember anything like that, mostly it was just boring. But once we got picked up by the Navy police because we were going door-to-door in Navy housing. We were thrilled because we were being "persecuted."

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i was attacked by a squirrel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit