When Did You Start Feeling Uncomfortable In The “Truth?”

by The wanderer 41 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I think the first thing was my best friend being disfellowshipped when I was 15. I didn't question the brutality of a young girl being abandoned by her family and friends, but it was the first really bad thing that had happened in my life and it stayed way in the back of my mind for many years.

• zagor
    zagor

not long after starting off my bible study this fella from congregation I was in 'slandered' 99% of people in congregation. That was the night I will never forget I couldn't sleep and was sweating whole night thinking how such things could be happening. Next morning I even wanted to talk to elders about how come are such things allowed but this guys said it would be better if I don't for various reasons... The funny thing was I've realized only few months later that the man wasn't even telling the full story. There was much more crap there than one 15 years old could have handled at the time. That was the first time when I felt really weird about the whole set up, but for long time thought that was just the case with that one congregation and that many others surely must be "true brothers"... well that lasted till I started traveling around and seeing the same or even worse things going on. It all came crashing down when I visited another continent and saw bullshit through and through, this whole organization is rotten from top to the bottom. Things I saw are probably not even for this board ... nuff said.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Strangely, I got my first doubts some months before my baptism at age 16. Surpressed them for the next 14 years and did what was expected from me. But the thoughts came up now and then. Internet research and books like CoC helped me to see that these were not strange thoughts but the truth that there was something wrong in the system.

• Numinous
    Numinous

The thought that it is fine to be married and miserabe, God will love you then, but God hates people who love each other but aren't married. I was in what I now know to be a hellish marriage, but because it looked good on paper, God thought that was just fine. He takes his cue from the courthouse before he decides to annihilate you for all eternity. What a dopey story it all is!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

comfortable?

i never once felt comfortable.

tetra

• codeblue
    codeblue

When I saw the last 10 minutes of Dateline May 2002.........exposing the pedophile problem in the WTBS...........

As Dr. Phil would say: that was my defining moment.

I knew then the WTBS was full of hypocrisy. They comdenmed the Catholic Church for decades about their priest-pedophile problem.

I went in the field service once more............and stopped.

Jehovah doesn't approve of pedophiles!

Codeblue

• codeblue
    codeblue

When I saw the last 10 minutes of Dateline May 2002.........exposing the pedophile problem in the WTBS...........

As Dr. Phil would say: that was my defining moment.

I knew then the WTBS was full of hypocrisy. They comdenmed the Catholic Church for decades about their priest-pedophile problem.

I went in the field service once more............and stopped.

Jehovah doesn't approve of pedophiles!

Codeblue

• codeblue
    codeblue

oops...sorry about the double entry!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wanderer..When I was 6..I became school age..I was expected to deal with decisions only an adult could deal with..By..Idiot Adults!.....DubKids are raised by Retarted Parents in a "WBT$ Insane Asylum".....Not much of a start in life...OUTLAW

• Namaste
    Namaste

First post for me! :) My answer is before I was ever baptized.

Born and raised a JW but just couldn't commit to getting baptized (something never felt quite right to me about the whole thing) until I was 22 or 23 (can't even remember when it was!) I was planning a big trip to another country with a friend and knew that she wouldn't go with me unless I was a baptized witness in good standing with the congregation.

So I went to an elder and said hey I'd like to get baptized and he basically said I had to prove myself. So there I was, after spending decades going to meetings, never missing an assembly and being the daughter of an elder , having to "study" with one of the elder's wives to prove that I had the correct knowledge and could be baptized. I was so irritated at having to go through all that! And then to go through the questions with 3 different elders. Ugh...the whole time I'm thinking in my head, this is so ridiculous!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit