When Did You Start Feeling Uncomfortable In The “Truth?”

by The wanderer 41 Replies latest jw friends

• sassy-ex-jw
    sassy-ex-jw

My mother became a JW when i was about 7 years old and I never felt comfortable in it. Oh I tried very hard and pioneered and all that stuff but I always had questions such as: If life is considered sacred then why are people dying from not getting blood transfusions? Wouldn't God be happy with the progress humans have made to be able to keep someone alive?

I could never get that one and grew up afraid that my mother would let me die one day if I got sick or hurt and needed a transfusion.

I also never understood not celebrating birthdays. After all, shouldn't we celebrate life and give thanks that we are alive?

• JK666
    JK666

Wanderer,

I always felt like the JW's were a tuxedo and I was a pair of brown shoes. I never fit in, as I thought too much.

The first inkling was when I was about nine years old. I sat next to a friend at the Sunday meeting that happened to be morbidly obese. The KH I attended had folding chairs set really close together, and he took up more than his share. One of the Congregation Servants (before elder arrangement) talked to us about being homosexual. I had no clue what he was talking about, as I had no clue at that point about sex at all.

It went downhill from there. I tried to justify the plethera of rules and regulations as a means to guide the nearly retarded brotherhood (lowest common denominator). In the end, I couldn't take it anymore.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit