Tribute to Kim Clijsters

by Leolaia 94 Replies latest social physical

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

what an incredibly bad witness to Jehovah!!!!!!!!!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

No, Kim is a wondrous witness to Jehovah's power in creation. ;)

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I think tennis is dominated too much by the service game. The big servers tend to dominate. Since Andre Agassi retired I've mostly lost interest but Nadal is my favourite now.

Serena sure gave a good witness didn't she, telling the official she was gonna shove a tennis ball down her throat and getting herself banned. Such a good witness showing the Christ-like personality. I'm sure her local congregation is proud of her.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Kim won! I am beside myself! What a beautiful moment to see Kim, Jada, and Brian on the court with the trophy. I am so proud of her!

• Lillith26
  • quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

wow I honestly didn't think Kim could come back so strongly. I really really thought either Serena or Venus would beat her. She's talented for sure.

• dozy
    dozy

Well done Kim - what a comeback from her time out of the sport.

And what a shot by Federer in the mens semi final. These truly great sportsmen & women show that you don't have to be aggressive and hostile to win titles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRo72MUUZnE

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It surprised her too. I think she trained as best as she could for this and probably surpassed her previous level of conditioning without realizing it. Plus she doesn't have the pressure of defending points and her ranking, or bearing through the grind of the tour (which in 2007 was no longer fun for her), and most importantly she is no longer just playing for herself but now is playing for her family and daughter. Tonight when Kim served at matchpoint, she raised her wrist to her mouth and kissed it. She has her daughter's name tattooed right there. She was thinking of her at matchpoint, as she does now all the time as mom. I think many assumed that being a mommy would be a distraction but so far it seems to have given her a new focus and drive qualitatively different from what she had before. Plus no one else on the tour has that "mommy factor" going for them.

Next stop for Kim is Luxembourg in October!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Serena Williams has finally apologized:

"I want to amend my press statement of yesterday, and want to make it clear as possible - I want to sincerely apologize FIRST to the lines woman, Kim Clijsters, the USTA, and tennis fans everywhere for my inappropriate outburst. I'm a woman of great pride, faith and integrity, and I admit when I'm wrong."

http://www.serenawilliams.com/blog_message_detail.php?msg=125

I'm happy and satisfied to see this. That's the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I don't really buy it when someone makes a mess of themselves and then, after a period of time, does the apology thing, it doesn't fool anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit