Really, What's So Wrong With The Jehovah's Witness Religion To You?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• done4good
    done4good

What Jaguarbass said. I would also add, anything that can not allow for mental freedom should be immediately recognized as evil.

j

• minimus
    minimus

Last night I watched a 9-11 movie starring Nicholas Cage. When I say how these men struggled to survive and how others went thru the bowels of the earth to get to these men------I think of how stunned survivors knocked on the doors of the Watchtower but the doors were locked and they were turned away! Disgusting!!!

• James Free
    James Free
    Is it worse than fundamentalists of every other sort? Are JWs worse than radical Muslims?

Probably not. I was taken in, just as born-again christians and others are too. They are all as bad as each other because they are false, fake. Like a parasite, religions feed off the needs of the individual, offering false hope, false promises.

When I finally left the JW's I hated the religion for the damage it had done to my life. I wanted to get even. Now I realise they are not the only religion out there cheating its flock. Spiritual abuse, as it has been called, happens everywhere. In the country I am in at the moment - a third world country with abject poverty - Baptists, Catholics, El Shaddai and other religions offer false hopes for better times whilst robbing the people of 10 percent of the dollar a day they earn.

Begging, in the name of religion is commonplace here. They even give out envelopes on the public transport, searching for that extra peso. TV channels beg and beg for money. If you love Jesus, give me your money!

So, are the JW's worse that that lot? No I guess not.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I think of how stunned survivors knocked on the doors of the Watchtower but the doors were locked and they were turned away! Disgusting!!!

OMG minimus! I never heard that side of the story! I was under the impression that they met the survivors in the streets with sandwiches and cookies!

• minimus
    minimus

Bethel was in "LOCKDOWN". No one could leave or come in. JWs are the farthest thing from a humanitarian organization! Yet right after this, they were on the streets passing out tracts giving people "hope"! Ha!

• done4good
    done4good
    Bethel was in "LOCKDOWN". No one could leave or come in. JWs are the farthest thing from a humanitarian organization! Yet right after this, they were on the streets passing out tracts giving people "hope"! Ha!

That is unreal, Minimus, just disgusting. I never would have thought that, not even from them.

j

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Just one more amongst the multitudinous reasons....

I'm nvrfkngnbk!

• seek2find
    seek2find

Some of the post on this thread and this board in general, dramaticaly illustrate why the JW religion is bad. The real root of the problem is this. They encourage people to build their faith in an organization, rather that to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. So as a result when faith in the organization collapses the person is so badly burned they don't trust anything or anyone. They sometimes lose faith in God and stop beleiving in him, when he wasn't the real problem, the organization was. I read a saying recently that describes many of Jehovah's Witnesses. It goes like this: "Some minds are like concrete. Completely mixed up and permantely set." Real danger exist within the JW beleif system because in a way their thourly mixed up way of thinking encourages suicide. How many times have we all heard a witness say the following after a non-witness relative dies. "Oh well at least now we will see him in the resurection" So the same thinking is extended to the individual witness that if he or she dies before amageddon they will be resurected. So when depression hits and life seems to be unbearable they get to thinking, "maybe God will forgive me if I kill myself and resurect me, but if I get killed in armageddon, I won't have any hope. Maybe I should try option 1" I myself prefer a third option. Re-Building on the proper foundation that of faith in God through Jesus Christ alone who said "I am the way the truth and the life" seek2find

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Let's just say....my bum is still sore.

• minimus
    minimus

The whole mindset stinks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit