Really, What's So Wrong With The Jehovah's Witness Religion To You?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Is it THAT bad?? Is it worse than fundamentalists of every other sort? Are JWs worse than radical Muslims?

• Mary
    Mary

Don't make me come down there and spank you Min.......

• flipper
    flipper

Minimus, is this a trick question? What strikes me as someone who was never a jw, is the discrepancy between their goody 2 shoes outward appearance and the horrible control they are actually under. Kind of Stepfordlike - scarier to me than crazies who are more obvious about it. flipper

• TD
    TD

I guess your mileage will vary with the, "Is it worse than X" comparisons. A lot depends on whose "Ox has been gored."

• minimus
    minimus

Pretty Mary, come by and spank me.

• blondie
    blondie

I stayed with the WTS for 12 more years thinking that it was the best of the lot. Now I realize that I don't need the lot.

• AlanF
    AlanF

While on any reasonable scale Fundamentalist Islam is about the nastiest religion on the planet, JWs and other Christian fundamentalists are bad in different ways. JWs substitute the Governing Body for God, for all practical purposes. They also subscribe to most of the nonsensical beliefs that make other Christian fundamentalists so nutty. Take your pick.

AlanF

• garybuss
    garybuss

I don't actually have a problem with the Jehovah's Witness' religion per se, I have problems with the behaviors of some Jehovah's Witness people I know.

• Gregor
    Gregor

When you boil it all down, the most serious harmful effects of this cult are:

1. Blood transfusion doctrine

2. Shunning

3. Discouraging education

All the rest - end of the world, no hellfire, annointed or other sheep, no flag salute, 607-1914, etc etc - is just the dog and pony show all religions have a version of. But those three above are killing people, tearing families apart and spoiling the future of bright young people. This neutralizes any good they may do in the lives of certain people who need a high-control authority in their life.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

It raped my soul.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit