GOD: GOING.....GOING...Going...going....GONE!

by Terry 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Think about this.

Go way back...far far back in history.

Go back before the Internet. Go back farther.

Go back before newspapers, TV and radio.

Go waaaaay back before there was public education.

Return to a time when there were no Universities or libraries.

Go even farther back in time and return to when it was thousands of years before any Modern era.

People got their ideas from their families and neighbors PERIOD!

Everything was rumor. Everything was imagination, guesswork and superstitious reasoning.

How far back are you now? You are back to a point when you cannot PROVE anything. The person with the outrageous story, fable, idea or concept is the communicator of the MYSTICAL SENSE of how the world works.

Your local shaman, priest, rabbi, prophet, sage or witch doctor is your ONE SOURCE of "information" about the UNseen world.

There, my friends, THERE IS WHERE YOU'LL FIND GOD!

As mankind began finding a way to PROVE assertions God began to grow smaller and smaller.

As mankind invented logic, reasoning and science God shrank and grew fainter.

By the time Aristotle tutored Alexander the Great and Greece conquered the known world it was only THE GREEK PASSION FOR KNOWLEDGE that stood against the backward religious myths of indigenous peoples.

Suddenly, the God bubble popped very loudly! POP!

By the end of the Book of Malachi there is a deafening silence from "God".

By the time stories of Jesus circulated we have a wandering Rabbi filling the shoes of a latter day SOCRATES.

Jesus is a thinly disguised Socrates in his manner of teaching.

Pagan ideas, Platonic patterns and Gnostic speculations flavored the soup of Messianic passions.

But, GOD HAD VANISHED.

POP!

God has gone where the unicorns have gone and the fairies and minotaurs and demigods of old.

GOD was the best idea men could come up with before they really KNEW anything real.

God is invisible today and silent. Only hand puppets speak for him.

Believe at your own risk. The hand inside the puppet is reaching for your mind and your servitude.

Beware!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

good post

• sir82
    sir82
    The hand inside the puppet is reaching for your mind and your servitude.

Not to mention your wallet!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

That might make people cry!

Seriously--Excellent post!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Terry popped God???..LOL!!..Good post...OUTLAW

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Excellent guidance there, friend. I liked the clear and vivid picture you painted.

However, now that you have taken our god away, what do you have to give us in return? Who am I, without my god?

j

• Terry
    Terry

However, now that you have taken our god away, what do you have to give us in return? Who am I, without my god?

j

You are the still, small voice in the wind, James Thomas!

• 5go
    5go

He made a us much smarter and reasonable persons. You are what you were a man with an idea know hopefuly the idea is now under your control rather than vice versa.

• eclipse
    eclipse

It is amazing that the fabrications of our own mind, turned into belief - could cause so much bloodshed and terrible panic.

When we decide to make those beliefs quiet...what is left?...it is not the vacuum we expect, but a sense of contentment and peace.

Thank you for putting it so succinctly, Terry.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Terry, are you talking about God? Or organized religion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit