No lit for ex-jws, big A coming in June, apostate warning--what's going on?

by rebel8 50 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

You missed the WT study recently where it said that even if you didn't understand the reason for why the WTS was telling you that it was scriptural, that you must still do what they say.

Can someone help me out with that quote?

Blondie

• integ
    integ

Blondie; the whole article was filled w/ references to obeying even if we don't fully understand, or disagree.

We are to obey those who Jehovah trusts, and our "understanding" will become clear in time. Article said that Elders are appointed by Holy Spirit. Blah,blah,blah.

• 5go
    5go
    think any suggestion that the JW's will go down in the same type of manner that Jonestown did is utterly ridiculous.

Let's try to keep it somewhat real.

What about the blood ban ordeal technicaly they already are Jonestowning. Doesn't have to be kool aid it could be go to this place and stick it out then it slowly turns into the donner party.

• wednesday
    wednesday

The History channel had a program on last night regarding apocalyptic religions. They honed in on Miller and said 7th day adventists and JWS could trace their heritage to him. They said that there were millions of people that believed we lived in the "end times".

it was interesting. No mention of CT Russel that i heard .

• James Free
    James Free

Nah it's not coming in June - it will be July 7th - 7th of the 7th 2007!

Or maybe 07/07/3007? or sometime in between. I imagine, if Noah kept saying 'It's gonna rain next year" and it did not. and so he repeated his claim again and it also failed - IT WOULD BE NOAH'S FAULT if, when the real day came, nobody believed him.

The GB is the same - false hopes, false raised expectations (even if they reject the claim they were false prophesies) has reduced their credibility to zero. Jesus - if you are really using the bunch of useless pharisees, think again!

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

If we arent to read into these things then why was it even said? I am told that I can be blood guilty for stumbling my brother if I sin against them or sin and stumble them, what about those that gave talks about 1975? Are they blood guilty for the 100,000 per year for 5 years that left from 76-80? Are the GB and the writing committee blood guilty? Didnt their words stumble their brothers?

Careful, this kind of critical thought could get you in trouble! Welcome to the board dude. I agree with your logic. The WTS is infamous for applying one standard to itself, and another standard to the rank and file members.

• anewme
    anewme

Its not coming.

They have cried wolf too many times for anyone to believe them anymore.

Its just an old scam that religion has used for years successfully.

That whole Revelation Fantasy might be just a fabrication tool to keep the congregations fearful.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I think things get construed with written communication with strangers. When I said "drink the Kool Aid" I wasn't serious. I was using it as an example of rash actions. I don't think they will do a mass suicide.

I think they might start hoarding canned goods and bottled water again like they've done the many times before when the bros started saying the "weeks or days, not months or years" line. If they get themselves into a stiff enough paranoia froth, they might even buy guns, start teaching themselves survival skills, buying stuff they can't afford b/c they think they won't have to make payments, stop doing anything that involves planning for more than the immediate future, and even building hideouts. This has happened in the past too.

Of course I am in a hardcore area where jws are more extreme than in other areas.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I don't know exactly why, but this made me LTIWM! (Laugh 'Til I Wet Meself)

Couldn't find a pic of a bee going to the toilet, but if you squint hard, this COULD be a bee.

(sorry, Scully's puking smiley gave me a bit of an obsession with animated gifs !)

alt

Edited to add "AW ! It doesn't work !!!"

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Blondie said...

You missed the WT study recently where it said that even if you didn't understand the reason for why the WTS was telling you that it was scriptural, that you must still do what they say.

Can someone help me out with that quote?

Blondie

Watchtower April 1st 2007 (who said that they don't have "April Fools Day" ???)

8. What does Paul invite us to "contemplate," and how should we "be obedient"?

8 Notice that Paul invites us to "contemplate," or carefully observe, the outcome of the faithful conduct of the elders and to follow such examples of faith. Furthermore, he counsels us to be obedient and to submit to the direction of these appointed men. Bible scholar R. T. France explains that in the original Greek, the word here translated "be obedient" is not "the normal term for obedience, but literally 'be persuaded,' implying a willing acceptance of their leadership." We obey the elders not only because we are directed to do so in God's Word but also because we are persuaded that they have Kingdom interests and our best interests at heart. We will certainly be happy if we willingly accept their leadership.

AO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit