No lit for ex-jws, big A coming in June, apostate warning--what's going on?

by rebel8 50 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

SOS

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

I hope it's true. I'd love to see my mother actually happy for once.

FBF

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    People are getting wore down and worn out. They have to keep this notion of an "end" very near to keep them prodded along. It's sad.

Juni

You nailed it juni!

• Scully
    Scully
    I'd love to see my mother actually happy for once.

Y'know.... that's actually a really creepy thought. How could someone be happy and get all excited, even thrilled, about the impending slaughter of 99.9% of all human life on earth??

What kind of sick messed up mind would delight in that kind of widespread massacre?

• still_in74
    still_in74

i can asure this is not typical. If anyone did do this for their family they certainly would not share it with others. This would absolutely be moot!

• still_in74
    still_in74

Rebel, i dont know specifically the article but i found this.......

The Watchtower 1989 January 1 p. 12
    The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be concluded in our 20th century.

The quotes from the Yearbook and the 1989 Watchtower in effect say the same thing. This is that the JW preaching work, with everyone who will survive Armageddon having become a JW, will be completed in the 20th century. And every JW knows that the end of the preaching work coincides with the eruption of “the great tribulation” and “Armageddon”.

The 1989 Watchtower quote is from the single-issue printing of The Watchtower. In the bound volume reprints the quote was changed to:

He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our day.

My CD ROM say "in our day", I would be interested to see a scan of the original. What is the cover of the mag? My grandpa has originals going back for decades. I found books back to russell and early rutherford, original prints. Even outling the confident date of 1925 and the return of the prophets of old. I may be able to find this WT.

Thanks Gumby, I am still getting used to this whole thing...........still confused.

• done4good
    done4good

The whole thing is just cyclical, that's all. 1975 was 32 years ago, and it's time once again stir up the masses. The last time they did this before '75 was the early 1940s, another 30 odd years. People are realizing the end isn't comming anytime soon, so desparation on the part of the GB kicks in as a matter of course. Once the numbers begin to dwindle becasue of it, they'll shut up for a while again.

j

• integ
    integ

I think any suggestion that the JW's will go down in the same type of manner that Jonestown did is utterly ridiculous.

Let's try to keep it somewhat real.

• blondie
    blondie

In agree, integ. The jws are not even close to being isolated to the degree that the people in Jonestown were. Or Heavens Gate, or David Koreth's group. Could they get there? Maybe, but jws are not that obedient...only when there is something to gain personally. The most disobedient jws have have seen are elders and their families, thinking they make the rules and telling others God speaks through them, when they haven't said a sincere prayer in years.

Blondie

• still_in74
    still_in74

i have to take exception to this, i have never heard an elder claimed that god / jehovah spoke through them. Some are more stoic and ascetic than others, but that is hardly the same. As for Jonestown, never. The GB still has to present scriptural reasoning for any claim it makes, while this may be spun to accomplish a purpose, "jonestown" could never happen with the JW's, why would they need to? Jehovah will protect them through the great tribulation, they cant be protected and survive if they all drink the kool-aid. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit