No lit for ex-jws, big A coming in June, apostate warning--what's going on?

by rebel8 50 Replies latest jw friends

• still_in74
    still_in74

guys, I am still a JW and I have no idea what your talking about. June 13? I realize my meeting attendance and attention level isnt exactly what I'd call "stellar" lately but I think I would have at least picked up on this. All I know is that as of 2008 there will be 2 different watchtower mags, one for service and one for WT studies. The reasoning behind this should be obvious to any objective observer. B

As for June 12/13, I have no idea where you got this from and I couldnt find other threads going into any detail.................

• 5go
    5go
    The reasoning behind this should be obvious to any objective observer

Which reasoning is that the cost cutting one or the hiding embrassing changes from the public.

This would fall under the hiding embrassing changes if true.

• gumby
    gumby

Just wanted to give you a warm welcome Still-in74. Nice to have you here. I haven't herd of this news at the hall yet either.

Gumby

• rebel8
    rebel8

stillin, check back on page 1 and you will see it's a different religion that is saying a specific date. jws are saying Armageddon is coming in days or weeks, not months, so I shortened that to "June" for the thread title. Everyone is just joking about June 12.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Hey, stop, please, stop....you guys a scaaaawwwwwing me!

V PS Does this mean the twenty year old scotch they are putting in barrells, today, will only be drunk by Armageddon survivors....and, will New LIght allow them to toast?

• still_in74
    still_in74

ah I see, I havent heard anyone say "weeks" or "months" but there is definitely strong focus lately on the times that we are in. There is a brother that gave a talk and "put his notes aside" to opine about how the GB feels about the how close to the end we are. My last Circuit assembly the DO even quoted him, an audio clip was sent to my by a friend and I heard the talk myself. The brother that sent it to me even realizes that we cant read into this but to me this is all very reminiscent of what I have heard about 1975. The WS says that they never said 1975 would be Armageddon but countless brothers gave talks strongly suggesting it or even outright stating it would be the end, then the R&F were told that they read into things.

If we arent to read into these things then why was it even said? I am told that I can be blood guilty for stumbling my brother if I sin against them or sin and stumble them, what about those that gave talks about 1975? Are they blood guilty for the 100,000 per year for 5 years that left from 76-80? Are the GB and the writing committee blood guilty? Didnt their words stumble their brothers?

Here we go again...........

• rebel8
    rebel8

Interesting that you talk about the mass exodus as being 76-80! Wasn't the exodus ended by the big apostate scare?

This is why I'm thinking we're seeing the start of another fear campaign, to distract from the child molestation settlements.

When the masses start to wander, scare them into huddling together.

(PS, stillin, did you ever see the publication that said the preaching work would end in the 20th century? I think it was the Aid book, later edited. We know the teaching is that the end of the preaching work immediately precedes Armageddon, so that sounds like a date prediction to me!)

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

If it ends in June, the non-refundable airline tickets we sent my JW Pioneer sister for her trip out here in AUGUST were a waste of money. She's the one who chose August for the visit, so I'm thinking she's not too concerned about any possible "world ending in June" scenerios.

She also sent me a birthday card and didn't bother to pretend (as she has in years past) that it wasn't really a birthday card, or that she didn't really send me one and doesn't know what I'm referring to. This time it actually said, "Happy Birthday to my beloved sister" on the front, and included a small gift wrapped in birthday wrapping.

She is right down the center, no missteps anywhere, with her Witness friends, but more and more is speaking and acting with non-JWs as a balanced, clear-thinking person who is beginning to think for herself. This is good.

If she's at all typical of the R & F, the wall of the dam is leaking at an ever increasing rate.

Susan

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i'm sure we will be talking many years from now on this very site.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This leaves us just enough time to order party hats and noisemakers.

We wouldn't want "The Master" on returning to find us not reveling, would we?

Belly shots, anyone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit