Does God REALLY exist? (An Attempt at an Online Bible Study)

by theMartian 121 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

BDF,

I hear exactly what you are saying and I do tend to believe that there is no god. But who/what do I thank for the many wonderful and glorious things I have in this life I have been given? Life is a gift. Who do I thank?

No one, or if you feel the need to be thankful, it is just an old habit you need to change or make up a god and thank him if it makes you feel better. Now I'm not saying there is no god, but if there is one I'm sure he's not as petty as the biblical one(he got tribal written all over him), that wants to be worshipped and praised or else you're toast.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

The fact that we have to question the existence of God proves that he doesn't exist. Next question!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Study is over..lets all stand and thank Jehovah and go to bed.

Gumby

.....you forgot the apres-study sardine sandwiches, Gumbzheimer!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Time,

At least the Bible gives a First Cause, a religiously plausible answer. I'd really like to hear what evolutionists believe with regard to the origins of matter. Where do you believe matter came from?

A "religiously plausible answer" interesting qualification, which means nothing except that no proof exists, I could say the Apollo made matter and that he is the creater of all and that too would be a "religiously plausible answer".

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

This study will never end with any "proof" being shown.....so why try?

God has not spoke nor shown himself to anyone on this board so how can you ask someone to "prove" he exists? Nor can anyone "prove" he does not exist.

Study is over..lets all stand and thank Jehovah and go to bed.

Gumby

Well put, next subject abr

• theMartian
    theMartian

The most complicated mechanism in the known universe, that makes the internet system of the world look like a simple toy= one Brain. Did the Internet fall into place by the random collison of molecules & atoms over endless eons?

alt

• poppers
    poppers

It seems to me that this thread has all the makings of another Vinny/Perry versus Atheist thread, and you know how contentious that got -or do you?

• AlanF
    AlanF

timetochange wrote:

: I'd really like to hear what evolutionists believe with regard to the origins of matter. Where do you believe matter came from?

Ultimately, no one knows.

Of course, no knows where an ultimate First Cause came from, either.

Recourse to a First Cause being the God of the Bible is mere special pleading and shows nothing.

It may well be that the macro-cosmic universe -- of which our own universe is an infinitesimal part -- had no beginning and, in the same sense that many Bible believers describe God, is "infinite", so in a practical sense has always existed. But no one actually knows anything about these things.

AlanF

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The theme of this thread is kind of funny in a way, look at the way it was written:

Does God REALLY exist? (An Attempt at an Online Bible Study)

Notice the word "really" in all capitals, shouting out like this thread is going to really, really, really, prove once and for all that god really, really, really, does exist.

"REALLY, I mean it,

Anybody got a peanut?"

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    The most complicated mechanism in the known universe, that makes the internet system of the world look like a simple toy= one Brain. Did the Internet fall into place by the random collison of molecules & atoms over endless eons?

Exactly, it is called common sense instead of blaming someone for not taking action YET and then knowing that the person will not speak up to a mere human to prove His own existance. He is much bigger than that, kind of getting in an argument with a toddler or infant to us.

When He does speak up, I wonder how many will doubt then?

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit