What was your 1st Deception as a JW?

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• seek2find
    seek2find

I 've been a JW all my life, so I don't know which one was first, but the biggest (for me) deception is 2 fold. That is the teaching that the faithfull men of old Abraham, Moses and David,ect will not be in heaven but will always be on Paradise earth. The other part of the same deception is that there was only 144,000 true Christians from Jesus day till 1935. Especially when Acts mentions that thousands were being added daily. seek2find

• DJK
    DJK
    I learned at a very young age that while they preach love, they don't practice it.

I agree with that Brinjen.

• theMartian
    theMartian

The Brotherhood goes back & forth on that one- why does it bother you? Can't think for YOURSELF? Can't listen to the scriptures?

MFM

alt

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think it was all a deception. Lets start with the bible is the word of God.

Read it.

Its a book of confusion.

Look at the world, the worlds very confused.

Maybe the bible is the word of God.

I think the bible and god are as confused as the men who created them.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    I think it was all a deception. Lets start with the bible is the word of God.

That was my second deception. My first was wen I did some research in the WT books on a subject I knew quite a bit of. I wanted to see what they had say about it. I realised that ALL of what they said was b.s. and personal opinion. Then I said to myself that all the rest could be b.s.

That's wen I started to find out I was basically lied to all my life.

• leokio
    leokio

After a few years it dawned on me that the all powerful god of the universe probably has better judgment than to put morons in charge of his one true religious corporation even if they do use his name. The men who control the WBTS can't possibly believe in a real All Powerful God. Otherwise, they'd be in fear that he wouldn't put up with their bullshit. They don't seem to be, so I don't guess they do. Leo

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

The Brotherhood goes back & forth on that one- why does it bother you? Can't think for YOURSELF? Can't listen to the scriptures?

No, Martian, unfortunately we didn't think for ourselves as Witnesses. Tell me, do you honestly think you are encouraged to think for yourself and listen to the scriptures as a JW? What if you think for yourself, listen to the scriptures, and decide you like the Society's previous version of "truth" on that subject? How well do you think that would sit with the elder body? Isn't it true that you would be disfellowshipped for apostasy if you shared that belief with other members of the congregation? It's only on the outside that people begin to think for themselves.

This independent thinking that you seem to applaud leads a lot of them to understand that the JW system of belief places an earthly organization between men and Jesus. This independent thinking also leads them to see that JWs have continually changed doctrines and made failed predictions throughout their history under the guise of new light (a justification picked out of context from one verse in the book of Proverbs). I suggest you nurture this spirit of independent thinking and objectively analyze the arguments made on this forum. I commend you if you do. Unfortunately, the JWs stifle this very spirit of independent thought you verbally embrace by forbidding its members from reading this material. Think things through and realize who really can and cannot think for themselves.

• Quandry
    Quandry

The Brotherhood goes back & forth on that one- why does it bother you?

Yes, Martian. Well said. They do go back and forth. In fact, I was on a Bible study and found that I had an old Live Forever Book instead of the updated one. Mine said that the ones in Sodom and Gomorrah either would/would not have a resurrection and the student's newer copy said the exact opposite!!! Talk about bothering!!! They did a complete 180 and I was totally unaware. Later found out about many more flip flops. It is no wonder the woman quit studying shortly thereafter......

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

When they stopped serving meals at the assemblies....man that was a righteous deal

I could feed my whole family for 5 bucks, now I can't even feed myself for 5 bucks

This made me spiritually weak and morally decieved..............oh ya and hungry too.

• spiceant
    spiceant

My time with Jehovah's Witnesses felt like i was digging in a gold mine only there was no gold only dirt. I stopped digging. all the philosophy and study was much too superficial for me and it never went deep enough. They were just showing me a tip of the iceberg and it scared me a lot that they teach a lot of things they have never written down anywhere. It's what they'r teaching but not saying that scared me.

How many of you felt like they were digging for gold to end up with a lot of dirt and hardship?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit