Why are the WT selling prime estate in Brooklyn - do they know something

by needproof 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The WTS is a corporation, and all corporations are motivated by profit. With the upgrade of printing equipment they were able to make redundant a couple of thousand Bethel workers and no longer need the accomodation. They are freeing up the capital into cash to invest more profitably.

• proplog2
    proplog2

The world has changed. Printing doesn't need to be done in NYC anymore. They don't need to load their magazines onto freighters and ship to other countries. Most things they do for very good reasons.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

They're probably afraid of terrorism affecting their finances and operations. New York has already had the horror of the twin towers going down, and recently uncovered another plot in the making. The WTBTS likes its money and assets all in fully functioning and transferable fashion, and not blown up and lost to it. So, Fear is probably one of its first motives

The above makes sense to me. In fact if I were they I would get out of dodge. I think a major nuclear explosion is in Gothams future. It would be a prime target for Bush and his terrorist.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Very simple- operating costs in NYC are 2-4 times more than in the suburban country areas of Wallkill and Patterson. (Just try getting a truck in to Brooklyn and you'll understand)

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    3) They are relocating

Every decision is a business decision. It's time to kick out those who are approaching retirement age and make them the congregations problem. They probably did the maths and worked out that it will be better in the long term to sell some old real estate, shift some functions to cheaper land, evade some long-overdue building maintenance, and spread the insurance risk.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Option 2, motivated by the lawsuits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit