Why are the WT selling prime estate in Brooklyn - do they know something

by needproof 25 Replies latest jw friends

• needproof
    needproof

So I hear that the WT are selling lots of property; worth millions.

Is this because:

1) They sincerely think the end is soon

2) They just want the money

3) They are relocating

4) This sounds far fetched but do they know something we do not?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

They are getting weary of NYC and want to be in the country.

• Gill
    Gill

They're probably afraid of terrorism affecting their finances and operations. New York has already had the horror of the twin towers going down, and recently uncovered another plot in the making. The WTBTS likes its money and assets all in fully functioning and transferable fashion, and not blown up and lost to it. So, Fear is probably one of its first motives.

Then, I understand that New York Council might make them actually 'pay' their slaves rather than allow the simple allowance. Can't remember where I read that but it was somewhere on this board.

Possibly they need the money for the mass payout of the child abuse claimants and the many more in the pipe line.

Other than that, the WT reminds me of an old couple who have decided to sell up and move to the country. Scarily 'Wacco' in moving off to Patterson! I wonder if they keep arms up there? Perhaps they're getting ready for their last stand before their own Armageddon. The 'self sufficiency' aspect sounds rather odd and wacky though.

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

It might be the case that they are aware that the properties they hold are now worth mega millions, and so are possibly cashing out with the gain to build bigger and better facilities

out in one place in Patterson. Or another thought might be they are starting to get shy with all the information about them like whats on the inter-net for example, and their wanting to

relocate themselves out in the country where less eyes are upon them, like a bad little boy about to be caught..............hmmm time will only tell

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Lawsuits.

• Highlander
    Highlander

I believe every move they make is about money. The organization, like any life form, seeks only to survive. There's an obvious cost savings by moving out of New York City and

I'm sure that is their only motivation.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Or another thought might be they are starting to get shy with all the information about them like whats on the inter-net for example, and their wanting to relocate themselves out in the country where less eyes are upon them...

The same way Michael Jackson did? Hey! Do you think they'll go to the same little country??

-Aude.

• flipper
    flipper

Needproof, they are probably needing to cover themselves financially after settling the child molestation cases in California and elsewhere. And as for moving out to the country, then they can have a less conspicuous time of it , carrying on their clandestine operations.Mr. Flipper Peace

• changeling
    changeling

I certainly don't have in inside scoop, but my feeling is they have got to see the "writting on the wall". This is the information age and information is power. Try as they might to keep their people uneducated and underpaid in an effort to keep them in an innocent and naive state of mind, the gig is up. With 1914 so far behind us and it's very meaning on shaky ground, they can't keep this up forever. Can you say "exit strategy"?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I personally think the Governing Body love being at NYC headquarters. It's sophisticated, there are
    plenty of JW's able to easily visit. It's convenient for Bethel representatives to travel. But their prime
    reason for staying there was to expedite shipping and keep costs down. Both of those reasons are
    gone as most worldwide shipping is now done "on continent" and costs were better to expand printing
    at Wallkill for North American supply. The move out may have primarily been motivated by shipping
    cost changes.

They also get to stick the compound in the middle of "out there" instead of NYC. They must suffer
    heavy Bethelite-exposure-to-NYC problems.

Mainly, its the need for money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit