South Carolina

by Yerusalyim 28 Replies latest jw friends

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Oops, my bad. I didn't see the NC. Piedmont SC is a rocks throw from here.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Wow slayer! Small world We lived in Easly for two weeks, but moved almost immediately to Campobello. My husband used to work for an A/V place on Woodruff rd. In Greenville....their main office was in Columbia so we went down there every so often

lol

Yup, up here in NC now...about 30 minutes from Duke University. I like it ok here, but it is Definately not as pretty here as it is down there near the mountains. I miss that area.

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• chappy
    chappy

Hi fellow Carolinians,

I live in Anderson; about 25 miles from Greenville, 100 from Columbia and 275 from the beach area. I'm a life long resident. I was born and raised in "the truth". All of my family on my mothers side, those still living, are life longers and still goin' strong. None of my fathers side of the family are/were witnesses. Both sides of the family were close, but ALL of my religious influence came from the witness side. If any of you folks are in my area, drop me an e-mail or give me a call,(names in the phone book; Jack Chapman).
    I'll do the same when I'm up or down your way. Ex-witnesses always have something in common to have a beer/coffee and talk about!

Yerusalyim, pretty sure I remember you from the old H20 days, right?

later,
    chappy

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Betweenworlds,

I'm in the piedmont section of NC also, Eden near Greensboro. Maybe we could have dinner or something??

Ken P.

Didn't notice you were female, your husband and my wife might not like that too well, well maybe we could include them.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Well, I lived in Charleston (love the Battery at night) and moved to Andrews from age 4 to 16. Married. Moved to Columbia. Divorced, moved to Greenville. Then to Laurens. Back to Georgetown. Loved Pawleys Island. Skinny dipped there at night. Stayed in Myrtle Beach every summer.

Moved back to Andrews. A really SUCK town and congregation. Too many damn mosquitoes and rednecks. Moved to Chicago. Here I am.

God, do I miss the fresh seafood and the beach!!!!!

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Chappy, I used to go to school in Greenwood. Piedmont Tech. We went to this huge flea market in Anderson once. Boy, did I spend too much money!

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• chappy
    chappy

That would be the Anderson Jocky Lot Tatiana. Come on back down and visit sometime darlin!

later,
    chappy

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

I was raised in the Darlington - Florence, SC area. Went to Clemson (in SC) a while. Worked in Columbia about four years ago for AT&T for a short time. Hung out at Myrtle Beach and Ocean Drive. Family business in Darlington was burying dead people (Kistler Funeral Home). Also had a flower shop. I escaped when I was 19.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Hey there undecided!!!

Wow we're neighbors

Yes maybe one of these weekends we could have a cookout or something!
    We're out in the country in Liberty. Husband works in Greensboro.

Would be great to meet some of you folks from the board

BW

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hi Slayer, Do you by chance know a man by the name of Richard Lane? He was married to my aunt. He lives in Greenville. I live outside of Raleigh in the same town as Tally. Fuquay Varina.

"I don't want someone in my life I can live with, I want someone in my life I can't live without."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit