South Carolina

by Yerusalyim 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Ok, I'm getting lonely and desperate (in spite of my loving wife and great kids) Who here lives in or near South Carolina, Specifically, Columbia.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• line6guy
    line6guy

Hi,

I'm in Spartanburg SC. I was a JW all my life, till I hit 37--2 years ago. Been to Columbia several times--particularly for conventions. Only been in SC for 5 years.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I just posted this a.m. to "just wondering" who said they were in SC - my brother lives Port Royal/Hilton Head Island area - is that near columbia or spartanburg?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Petty and line,

New to the state so I'm not sure where anything is. Line, I've never been a Dub, but my wife was, that's my association and interest in them. Any of ya'll come near the Columbia area and I'll buy ya a cup of Java. Just email me.

YERUSALYIM

• line6guy
    line6guy

Hi, back to both of you.

Petty-to answer your question, Hilton Head is on the coast, and it is nearer Columbia. Columbia is more in the center to lower part of the state. Spartanburg is in the north west part of the state, not far out of north carolina and about 1.5 hours from Georgia.

Yerusalyim - Welcome to SC! And, thanks for the invite. Where you from originally?

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Hey there!

Lived in Campobello 'til last year :) Campobello is a small town near Spartanburg and Greenville. Hubbys job used to take him to Columbia a lot. Now in upstate NC, in the piedmont area. If you ever have a get together let me know!

BW

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Line,
    Originally Illinois. I've come here from Tennesee as the military seems fit to up and move my not-as-skinny-as-it-used-to-be butt every two or three years. How about you you none-native South Carolinian?

YERUSALYIM

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Line,
    Originally Illinois. I've come here from Tennesee as the military seems fit to up and move my not-as-skinny-as-it-used-to-be butt every two or three years. How about you you none-native South Carolinian?

YERUSALYIM

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

The reason I'm asking is that a long ago friend of mine is now living in SC & I have reason to suspect they are no longer JW. If this is true, I would love to see one this friend of mine (she was my best friend until 16 years ago). But I have no way of knowing for sure (my mom won't tell me ANYTHING!). So, if any of you used to live in Michigan - near Ann Arbor, let me know!

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Betweenworlds, I could probably throw a rock and hit you from my house. I live betwen Easley and Greenville!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit