Kansas City DC summary

by stillajwexelder 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey Stilla,

Thanks for the detailed preview. I was able to work the education issue into a pre-convention discussion with my wife. I asked: "I wonder if the the education "pendulum" is going to continue swinging even farther against college this summer?" This was enough to get her going on a tirade of "why can't they see that college now is like high school 50 years ago?". Tee hee.

Thanks again Stilla,

Open Mind

• done4good
    done4good

Yesterday, I talked to some jw friends of mine from KC, (they don't as of yet know much about my situation, I have only talked to them two or three times in the last year and a half), they claimed they "just got home", from the convention. Anyway, it really is the case that the r&f don't pay much attention to the drivel counsel about education. During the same phone call they made reference about preparing their son, (a HS senior), to go to KU. I really don't know how the dubs can sit through an entire weekend of that nonsense. It really used to make me sick when I was going.

j

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

One thing I love about DC conventions - many African American brothers use these occasions to wear highly colored flamboyant suits - I think they look cool

• steve2
    steve2

How do the attendance figures and baptism figures at KC compare with previous years?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Baptism - an increase -attendance about the same

• bobld
    bobld

So they want us to advertise their convention.However,in a letter to ALL Congregations,they want us(slaves) to transfer any food we get from a Fast food deli's to plain brown bags and not bring any packages with commerical labels.My question to GB/FDS/WTBTS.A.MORRIS.why are you misleading the people who rent the facility?Is it all about money?You want me to wear my convention tag(badge) and witness to the person that I'am buying food from and than .....tell them to put it in a brown bag.Come on now ,he is in business,he paid a lot of money to have his name on those containers.

I'll have some thoughts on Education..later.

Bob

• icyestrm
    icyestrm

I heard of that letter too and personally feel that its a joke. The reasoning behind this is the concession vendors will complain to the facility staff to let them open their stands during the program. Hey, wouldn't that be cool? Standing in line, waiting to get a burger and a cup of beer while some GB stiff such as Morris is talking. Just keep brining in food from outside with the original packaging and the arena will basically kick out the JWs from there next year. Thats what happened in Vancouver a few years back.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I heard of that letter too and personally feel that its a joke. The reasoning behind this is the concession vendors will complain to the facility staff to let them open their stands during the program. Hey, wouldn't that be cool? Standing in line, waiting to get a burger and a cup of beer while some GB stiff such as Morris is talking. Just keep brining in food from outside with the original packaging and the arena will basically kick out the JWs from there next year.

Our congregation was also told the same - DO NOT BUY FOOD FROM OUTSIDE ON THE LUNCH BREAK. The reason was becasue we could loose the use of the facility as the concession vendors would complain

• minimus
    minimus

Imagine a speaker slamming his audience! What big balls!!! Then everyone can look at another suspectly---and it'll be condoned because after all a GB member said so!

• jeanV
    jeanV
    One thing I love about DC conventions - many African American brothers use these occasions to wear highly colored flamboyant suits - I think they look cool

I like them, too. and their children are simply gorgeous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit