Kansas City DC summary

by stillajwexelder 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

To state again

HIGHER EDUCATION -- -- BBBBaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddd

Suplemental Education -- OOOKKKKKKKKKKK

Regular Pioneering straight form high school - -------- GOOD, GOOD, GOOD, GOOD, GOOD

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if there are any new points forthcoming. From what I have seen here and in other threads, it is a total waste of time to even go, especially when I can get more out of the threads (which they have frowned so hard on) and in less time than I could by actually going.

What I am really interested in is--What new rules are coming? Are they passing any new resolutions banning, or that could lead to a ban, of any normal activities like recreation, sleep, eating, and school. Or new information expounding the Kool-Aid editions of the Watchtower coming out in 2008. Or another push toward Armageddon coming this or early next year. Or hints that could lead to them aggressively recapturing faders and "soft" inactives. Things like this could be hinted about at these a$$emblies.

And, I am interested in finding about how big a deficit they are going to have on Sunday afternoon. I would like to see how much they are going to give to the Mother Organization to create this deficit. And what line of horse**** they are going to use to get people to donate even more that final session. Of course I do not recommend donating anything to this pedophile-protecting, freedom-threatening organization.

• 5go
    5go
    Bachelors, masters no good. Supplementary education - trade school etc good. Interviewed brother who got a bachelors degree - he sadi useless had to go to trade school anyway. Brother majored in Education with a minor in Physics. Took him 10 years to pay off debt. He is now Reg pioneering and far happier

Wonder what would happen if i got my Bachelors and put in for bethel how do you think tll they take me.

• 5go
    5go
    It was claimed 97% do not get a job in the field they majored in (I SUSPECT THIS STATISTIC)

Wouldn't doubt it there is a lot of drame majors out there

but, even so a degree means you know more than most and are willing to learn more

• Gayle
    Gayle

So 95 baptized out of 8785? Is that about 1% increase? Could have 95 at least quit publishing during that time? Possibly.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I was unaware of the schedule - the Kc convention this week explains my SIL trip to KC to visit my other SIL [both JW's].

Thanx for the update on the program.

Jeff

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Talk 7) Superiority of being Taught by Jehovah

Jesus was taught by Jehovah NOT AT UNIVERSITY

Any chance for someone to get an audio of this lecture? This sort of stuff needs to be publicized!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    Friday major talk on Christ on last talk by Morris. Illustarted earthquake in Armenia few yaers ago. Father started digging for his son. Was mocked.

The "experiences" at the assembly always had some element of WTF in it. For instance, the above. Who on earth would "mock" a parent searching for their child? Nope, just don't see it.

• loosie
    loosie
    harmful gosssip; Meddlers in other peoples affairs

Why are they talking about the elders like that. The gb ought to at least not bad mouth their own elders.

And what the heck is an audio drama?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

An audio drama is nothing more than one of those tapes you used to play of dramas. They would make up a tape and play it--here, you listen to it. Back in the 1980s, you would buy your own copy and play it on the go. All it is is the dialog without the actual action, and it is pre-recorded and broadcast to the sites via the (gasp) Internet. (Hackers, beware that it is probably the most secure site on the planet.)

However it gets there, an audio drama is to the dramas of the past what radio is to TV.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit