Ray Franz is going back to meetings? WTF!!!

by Crumpet 49 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

You can believe that several on this board have regular contact with Ray, some on the phone and in person. He is not going back to the JW meetings. Reminds me of the wild stories that circulated around the KH. Is it a case you can take the JW out of the WTS for not the WTS out of the JW or ex-JW?

Why is there need to spread such stories?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mouthy.....ain't you one of the evil slave? Whats a lie and where's your proof..........you mean 'ol apostate evil slave jezebel woman you!!!!!!

Gumby

GO to your room & ruddy well stay there

• blondie
    blondie

Gumby has a room?!

Actually, I think Gumby has been hanging around outside too much.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can think of one reason why Raymond Franz might go to a meeting now and then, or even regularly. No, I don't think he is seeking reinstatement since they probably think of him as having sinned against the holy spirit. But, he could be going just to see how the organization is being run. After all, someone has to go and report what is going on. If no one goes, then no one is going to see what is going on.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

wizard, i am planning on going to the assembly this summer for that very reason. to spy. and hopefully get what ever new piece of sh&* book they put out. like the mafia says, keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It sounds like a groundless rumour surely he will not go back to them having more than anyone else exposed their hypocrisy and lies. It is sensationalism.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

This is an interesting topic, I can't help but wonder if it really would matter if Mr. Franz went back to the meetings. Would that somehow invalidate the 100+ years of Watchtower hypocrisy? Would it make anything that he wrote less true? I don't think so.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I'm sorry to hear that Ray had a stroke.

btw...hi to all my old friends...I'm rarely on this board these days...trying to put the pain behind me and the board draws me back into anger and sadness...but I sure miss you all. Remember I was never a JW but they got my best friend and still have him. He's so miserable, I can see right through his act. Its the kids I feel for most, Take care all.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Jeep said:

I can't help but wonder if it really would matter if Mr. Franz went back to the meetings. Would that somehow invalidate the 100+ years of Watchtower hypocrisy? Would it make anything that he wrote less true? I don't think so.

You know, I was thinking the same thing. Even if he did decide to go back, would it really change ANYTHING. I am sure that anyone who has left the religion and published a book about the WTBTS' forked tongued prophesies would say the same thing, the message is what you need to believe, the man is just that a man, so he may stumble along the way (you can define "stumble" in any way you wish) but he is still just a man.

• Mum
    Mum

I stand corrected on the Schnell book title. It was "Thirty (not Forty) Years a Watchtower Slave." Thirty is more than enough, after all.

Thanks, folks, for the answers to my inquiry.

Regards.

SandraC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit