Ray Franz is going back to meetings? WTF!!!

by Crumpet 49 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

onacruse, who posts here occasionally and is married to the beautiful bikerchic, was df'd for apostasy and reinstated.

So it seems that apostasy is not really the "sin against the holy spirit."

Blondie

• twinflame2
    twinflame2

So maybe it's reserved for the apostates who don't repent? What IS the latest take on this?

• gumby
    gumby

The society says this applies to only the annointed since the scripture mentions "those that have tasted the heavenly calling". Even then they STILL say only Jehovah can make the call as to WHO has grieved the holy spirit to the point of there being no forgivness of sins left for them.

Gumby

• twinflame2
    twinflame2

Should be some interesting speculation with the door being opened for the anointed again. Must have been alot of those sinners out there.

• Liberty
    Liberty

Hi Mum and twinflame2,

It has been thirty+ years ago now but I do seem to recall that the Society did once teach that anyone who was of the Anointed Remnant (hence a member of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class) could sin against the holy spirit and would become a member of the dreaded "Evil Slave Class" in Satan's service and that they would have been guilty of the unforgivable sin. This was to make once high ranking apostates look even more demonic so we would stay away from their writtings. At this time I think it was primarily aimed at those who had disagreed with Rutherford when he took over after Russel's death and at some of Rutherford's latter disgruntaled associates because there had been no big shake up at Bethal in the early 1970's that I am aware of.

I think at some point new light was introduced claiming that only Jehoover Himself could judge who had committed an unforgivable sin, leaving the possibility open that even a high ranking Anointed could be reinstated.

I am not sure, but I don't think an earthly-hope other sheep could be guilty of a sin against the holy spirit since we were never in direct contact with it. One advantage of being a lowly R&F JW was not having to worry about commiting an unforgivable sin.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I can confirm this is a blatant LIE!!!!

• gumby
    gumby

Mouthy.....ain't you one of the evil slave? Whats a lie and where's your proof..........you mean 'ol apostate evil slave jezebel woman you!!!!!!

Gumby

• uninformed
    uninformed

Sandra C.

Good points, Liberty. I, too, think RF had a pretty privileged, cushy place in the org. and had no compelling reason to leave other than the ubiquitous harassment that pushes us all out.

Early in my JW career, when I was a deluded teenager, I was told by an elder that a person who left and spoke out or wrote refutations of Watchtower doctrine had committed the "sin against the holy spirit" and could never be accepted back into the organization (as if one would wish to be). He might have been talking about William J. Schnell, author of Forty Years a Watchtower Slave.

Are there any ex elders out there who can clarify this?

Regards,

SandraC

Schnell's book was entitled, "Thirty Years a Slave of the Watchtower" to the best of my memory.

I don't believe that criticizing the WT has ever been viewed as a 'sin against the Holy Spirit'. It is certainly an offense that they take more seriously than immorality or pedophilia, but if you could suppress your gag reflex long enough, and lie convincingly enough, I think you could be reinstated.

Brant

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i have been in touch with ray franz. i am writing a book kind of like his, and we have been talking. he is not going to meetings. in fact, he just had a major stroke and can barely move. this is a false rumor.

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

Well, I can say one thing about that rumor -- it brought me out of retirement.

I heard it from the same gay ex-JW group this morning. I couldn't believe it. It made me wonder if their twisted mind-control could be so strong as to suck one back at an extremely weak moment. And as someone said, if he never debunked the bible then maybe he was ripe for such a turn-around.

I've never read his books. Always meant to, just never got around to it. Plus, delving too deeply into my wasted years pisses me off sometimes. That's why I retired from this highly addictive board in the first place. But it's good to be back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit