Ray Franz is going back to meetings? WTF!!!

by Crumpet 49 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Kicky - Is this an actual email? Or a proposed one?

I cannot believe Ray would ever return to the 'vomit'. I was about to call and ask when I saw your email. Please confirm it's legitimacy.

Jeff

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

On the ground that it is shorter than 10 pages and doesn't have 100 plus references, I think we can safely conclude that is NOT an email reply from Ray Franz himself.

• blondie
    blondie
    I don't think Ray Franz did much to stamp out such rumours by not mentioning his wife's feelings on the central events he describes in his books. It is a rather strange omission that he describes in detail his wife's ditress in their early missionary assignments, but next to nothing about what she felt during hss tumultuous expulsion and subsequent life outside the Witnesses.

I supposed he could have with her permission. But since she is not da'd or df'd why stir up that hornet's nest assuming her feelings were not in line with the WTS at that time.

Maybe you could send an email to Commentary Press and suggest that Cynthia write her own book.

Blondie

• kicky
    kicky

Hi

What I posted was an actual email I sent to Commentary Press at 10:24 AM today, they replied quickly to me at 10:54PM. It was an actual reply form them

• kicky
    kicky

Is his wife still a JW? Does she go to meetings?

• blondie
    blondie

She is a JW just like Blondie is a JW...she does not go to meetings....inactive. Nosy aren't you? All questions about the Franz's that are not too nosy will be answered at [email protected]. The "horse's mouth" rather than random, inaccurate gossip.

Blondie (hates this sort of stuff)

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx Kicky.

As far as I know, Cynthia was in full support of Ray thoughout the ordeal of leaving, and still is. I don't believe she has attended meetings since Ray left, but I could be wrong.

I imagine this entire rumour is intended to distract and confuse - Theocratic Warfare being what it is.

Jeff

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I believe ya kicky, just yanking yer chain. Ray has a reputation for sending rather long draaaawn out replies. He now seems to have mastered the succinct rebutal.

• kicky
    kicky

Commentary Press actually gave me an adress I can write to Ray at. He is still open to correspondence.

• Liberty
    Liberty

Always keep in mind that R. Franz was content to remain a JW and to keep his opinions to himself (and a few close friends who asked) up until the overly paranoid GB (I'm sure uncle Fred was the most insistant) forced him out on trumped up charges. I am convinced that had they left R. Franz alone after his resignation from the G.B. he would have never written his books. Raymond Franz did not want to leave his life-long religion. Thanks Watch Tower Society for being so paranoid that you created for us the great apostate R. Franz and his writtings.

After being DFed on such flimsy charges and knowing it was all spawned and directed by the G.B.'s irrational fear I think Ray finally realized that he wasn't going to be allowed to live out the rest of his life quietly so he might as well get things off his chest and clear the air since they really couldn't hurt him any more as the Organization was already encouraging romours about him to be spread. They literally gave him no choice. R. Franz's reluctance to quit being a JW was the proof to me that he never intended to start a "Bethal revolution" nor create his own religion. I think he would have been content to slowly and queitly reform the Organization from the inside as he had been doing since he was first added to the G.B. along with the other "liberal" G.B. members and Headquarters staff.

I'm frankly glad the hard-liners threw him out otherwise, I'm sure that the Watch Tower Society would have become a more progressive and energized religion with a ready made resident "oracle" to replace Fred Franz when he died. Raymond Franz would probably have helped to direct the the W. T. Society in his own image much the same way that Rutherford changed it from Russel's time and Fred Franz changed it after Rutherford's death. Being a JW would be much more appealing and a faster growing movement had Ray not been railroaded due to an unanticipated combination of Fred's paranoia/jealousy and Ray's self-destructive (in an organizational sense) honesty. The religion would still be based upon many falsehoods however and would probably have retained many cult-like features even under R. Franz's influence (due to organizational inertia more than any evil intent) so it is ultimately good that he was removed from the situation allowing him to think and see more clearly.

I was troubled that R. Fraz's logic, skepticism, and intellect apparently never saw through the problems with the totality of the entire Bible since he retains so much of it in his personal belief's. In short, I would not be surprised if he still attended an occasional meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit