Ray Franz is going back to meetings? WTF!!!

by Crumpet 49 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanV
    jeanV

I remember a similar thread a while ago. It turned out to be that they meant Greg Stafford.

• kicky
    kicky

yeah, probably some JW lurker made it up to mess with us. After all, we are not entitled to know the truth, right? LOL

• gumby
    gumby

Frankly I'm surprized that ANYONE who has read either of his books could fathom the idea that he would ever go to a Kingdom Hall again, ...........UNLESS it was as someone stated.........only for a memorial of a friend or loved one.

Gumdisgusted

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Frankly I'm surprized that ANYONE who has read either of his books could fathom the idea that he would ever go to a Kingdom Hall again, ...........UNLESS it was as someone stated.........only for a memorial of a friend or loved one.

Gumdisgusted

Well yes I have read both books...and erm I still thought it was the truth anyway! Heck! Takes a while for things to sink into my skull. It was just weird that I got the email - thats all from a gay board and wondered why! Dont hate be for being dumbusted gumdisgusted!

• twinflame2
    twinflame2

Did anyone look it up on Snopes?

• gumby
    gumby

S'ok Miss Crumpet...I still luvs ya. I was talking about anyone who'd believe Ray would have a change of heart and go back to his former beliefs........rather than show up at the hall for a memorial service or sumthing similar. If Ray lost his mind and ever DID return, I'd guess his re-instatement time would be longer than the GB's noses. Am I forgiven now Miss Crumpet?

Gumby

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Am I forgiven now Miss Crumpet?

I forgive you anything gumtasy!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

wow a pink elephant has just flown past my window

• Mum
    Mum

Good points, Liberty. I, too, think RF had a pretty privileged, cushy place in the org. and had no compelling reason to leave other than the ubiquitous harassment that pushes us all out.

Early in my JW career, when I was a deluded teenager, I was told by an elder that a person who left and spoke out or wrote refutations of Watchtower doctrine had committed the "sin against the holy spirit" and could never be accepted back into the organization (as if one would wish to be). He might have been talking about William J. Schnell, author of Forty Years a Watchtower Slave.

Are there any ex elders out there who can clarify this?

Regards,

SandraC

• twinflame2
    twinflame2

It was always my understanding that apostasy was the 'sin against the holy spirit'. But I think some DO go back, so I'm not sure what it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit