How did bible story pictures affect you?

by unique1 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Marcel
    Marcel

of course its intentional. openly. even the youngest ones have to learn about god and his behaviour towards sinners (aka non-WTS-lovers). it creates the beneficial fear of disobeing jehovah god (aka the WTS) even in minors. and you get used to apocalyptic prophecies.

most jw would fully agree to that but only name it differently. since it is so incredible important to follow god (aka the WTS) its good and nothing but good to plant this fear in the youngest ones already... they wont leave that path when they grow up...

how wonderful.

• jambon1
    jambon1

The ark picture in the mbobs book had a woman on top of a mountain, with her baby clinging to her. The mother is looking all sullen as she realises that she is about to be swept away with her evil, 'deserving of death' baby. Because babies do such wicked things, dont they? CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE?

• done4good
    done4good

Actually, I thought all of the books back then looked pretty creepy. I believe the bible story book was the first attempt at using full color, so yes, the images were more graphic than most of the other books. But the two color printings of the other books actually seemed creepier to me, for some reason. I remember my father commenting on these, (a non-jw), saying they looked very amatuer.

j

• Heather
    Heather

I've never had a problem with snakes....i actually like snakes but, when I first read the title to this post......the first thing that entered my mind...was the tent pin in the guys ear.........YUK................and they won't let us watch R rated movies.......thats gorry just in the sense of picturing her driving the thing in.....EWWWW ......I wonder if this is why I like horror movies so much.....cause i was exposed to so many of these biblical horror storys?

• unique1
    unique1

Wow Scully, I had no idea such Nazi comic books even existed. Thanks for the education there. I have seen the coloring books produced by the Aryan nation/kkk back in the day and they are quite disturbing.

Jambon1 I had completely forgotten about that lady with the baby until you mentioned it. Yeah, it was quite a frighening picture. My god looking back on all this stuff as an adult is just WEIRD and SCARY!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Unique 1,

I'm sorry that I don't have the book in hand to comment on, but I have to say that I find WT art malevolent. As an artist, I have a pretty good idea what an artist can do to manipulate his viewers, even if they do not realize it. The WT literature seduces the mind and emotions - why not the art?
    This subject creates in me an incredible rage, but I won't rant. Not now.

CoCo L'Artiste

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit