MAJOR UN/WTS NEWS- UN LETTER & 1992 Press R...

by hawkaw 589 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Mad A.,

These articles are just unreal. It really makes me wonder who the hell were the 4 a$$holes who were the WTS's references for the DPI "association" application back in 1991. I also find the WTS having to support Chapter 7 of the UN Charter unreal too (support use of miltary force)

If your interested I found some stuff on the UN flag at
    ( http://www.unog.ch/protocol/flagcode.htm

There was a UN resolution made for the flag and Sec. General regulation was made up about how to fly it etc.

My legal question to you is .... the WTS between 1992 and Oct 9, 2001 had to "support" the Charter of the UN as an official "associate" of DPI. If the General assembly passed a Resolution authorizing the UN flag, then would the WTS also have to "support" the UN flag? If true what would be the implications.

hawk

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Moving this up because we have so many TROLLS trying to keep the good stuff off the front page!!!

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Hawk, Map and others,

congratulations for he excellent

flow of documents and informations !

Surely some who still have doubts about this

subject...are without excuse!

Ranchette, you're right THIS KIND of information

should always be at the TOP!

Greetings, and many thanks for the efforts.

James Charles MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• mommy
    mommy

Hey Hawk,
    You said

No I think I irritated Wendy because I wasn't paying attention to her posts. I told her I was sorry for the mix up but at the same time I want to make it clear I don't dig "prestige" or a "boys only club". Seeing she hasn't responded, I guess she is really pi$$ed. But if that is the way she feels and she wants to go and do the research on her own, well I wish her the best.

First of all I not been spending time on research at all. And I haven't even been to the board much. Due to some health problems associated with my pregnancy. I am sorry that I did not respond earlier. My request was that we all share information in an organized way. And I was upset, not because my name wasn't recognized...I did not even get the articles, someone else found them and sent them to me. What I was angry about was that the information I presented was not even payed attention too. You would feel the same way Hawk, I am sure. Flag, that is old news, is basically all I was saying.

I had a signature I used for awhile here, let me see if I can rememeber it. The instant we feel anger we have stopped striving for the truth and start striving for ourselves. I must say I am guilty of that. I found out about the UN thing and I went head first in with all of my emotions on the outside. This has been even harder for me and my health probs. So I decided to take a little break, and come back with a more open mind and settled heart.

I expected so much to change with this info, but now I see that it will take more time. This information has been on the board for a month and a half. The good news is that the WTBTS pulled out, but even that took over a month. I have never been a patient woman But I will work on it. Perhaps my impatience got the best of me I applaud everyone who has stuck with this for so long, and continues to spend so much time and money to uncover truth.
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Wendy,

There's an old saying (most likely by a pregnant woman) that "pregnant women have a *glow* about them."

Personally, in my own pregnancies....that was crap. But! I've seen several posts by you handling situations that previously might have cause you to respond *quickly.* Now.....you've handled them like a diplomat.

It's noticeable - and congratulations. Hope you feel better soon.

To the others: I've been following this information and it's fascinating. Like watching a virus develop on one of those tv movies. More devious, more virulent, more dumb mistakes found out all the time.

And our mother, our Society, finds herself the center again.....as she's wont to find herself - in naked, exposed, glory.

As always, Thank You, Hawk.

waiting

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Kent's separate thread motivated the look for this. As a different poster points out in Kent's thread, the WTS is not part of the Helsinki Commission, but notice the remarks made in this report:

-----------------------------------

Russian Legislator Addresses Helsinki Commission

(Washington, DC — Russian Duma Deputy Alexandr Shishlov, a member of the Yabloko Party from St. Petersburg, addressed a Helsinki Commission briefing on March 24 providing his assessment of the political and human rights situation in Russia.

Attending the briefing were Chairman Rep. Christopher Smith (R-NY), Rep. Ben Cardin (D-MD), Rep. Michael Forbes (R-NY), Rep. Edward Markey (D-MA), Rep. Frank Wolf (R-VA), and Rep. Neil Abercrombie (D-HI).

In a prepared statement, Shishlov noted that political developments in Russia have been hampered over the past few years by a lack of political infrastructure, undeveloped civil society, and problems in relations between the central government and the regions.
    With regard to human rights and the rise in anti-Semitism and extremism, Shishlov stated that Russia's poor economy has served as a breeding ground for such attitudes: "Poverty is the best soil for communism, nationalism, and anti-Semitism...we may say that anti-Semitism had been the state policy in Soviet times, when communists ruled the country, and now it is once again the voice of communists."

More dangerous, in Shishlov's opinion, however, has been the lack of strong reaction from governmental bodies.

Attempts in the Duma to condemn anti-Semitic statements made by General Makashov, for instance, have been blocked by the communists in the Duma. [note: On March 23, 1999 the House of Representatives passed unanimously a resolution condemning anti-Semitic statements made by members of the Russian Duma.

The House resolution was introduced by Chairman Rep. Christopher H. Smith (R-NJ), Ranking Member Rep. Steny H. Hoyer (D-MD) and all House Commissioners. A similar resolution sponsored by Commission Co-Chairman Sen. Ben Nighthorse Campbell (R-CO), Ranking Minority Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) and eight other Senators, is pending in the Senate.]

Deputy Shishlov noted the scheduled parliamentary elections in December 1999, and sees them as indicators of "Whether we continue with oligarch rule, or travel the road to democracy."

Joining Mr. Shishlov at the briefing were several other speakers involved in human rights issues in Russia: Thomas Jandl of the Bellona Foundation, Judah Schroeder of the Watch Tower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses, Leonid Stonov of the Moscow Human Rights Monitors, Steve Mills of the Sierra Club, and Micah Naftalin of the Union of Councils for Soviet Jewry. They briefed Members and the public on such issues as the case of environmental "whistle blower" Alexandr Nikitin and Russia's environmental situation overall; anti-Semitism, political extremism, and the criminalization of Russian society; and continuing difficulties for Jehovah's Witnesses and other religious minorities in Russia.

In this connection, Deputy Shishlov noted that NGOs have become a significant segment of the political landscape in Russia and expressed appreciation for the efforts of NGOs from abroad who assist Russia in human rights efforts. He cautioned, however, that ignorance of Russia has undermined some efforts at assistance.

Chairman Smith noted that several Members of the Commission are interested in attending the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly meeting scheduled to take place in St. Petersburg in July. Deputy Shishlov expressed the hope that Members would attend and invited them to visit the Yabloko headquarters in St. Petersburg.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Wendy,

LET'S ROLL!!!!! but remember you and your child's health are way more important.

I have sent you an Email. If wannahelp is reading this I have a line on the brochure but it won't be until next week.

Waiting

Where has someone with your talent been? I have really missed you. Now listen, you have Email me and tell me everything that happened the other weekend. Was it a good time on the beach? Did you get to see that "left" coast sister? I really wanted to come but we had our thanksgiving etc.

Let me know & say hi to Mr. "T" who reads your Emails.

Oh I don't know if this has been brough up or not but the Watchtower's name is off the internet database as of at least yesterday. Please use the UN letter I got from Paul Hoeffel as proof and give his phone number (212-963-8070) for verification. You can also use Steve Bates article in the Guardian Newspaper. All are on this site plus at Kent's site.

I am trying to get the press interested in this story but even in Canada, this stupid war stuff is getting in the way. Gee they give all this attention to this really non-contagious bacteria but when good old Ted was sending letter bombs for 10 to 15 years all over the USA there was coverage but not to this extent.

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I probably know a lot of if people on this board don't like to read and absorb a lot of posts put together, but if you have been following along what Mad Apostate has been posting over the last few days, you can clearly identify what the WTS has been using their NGO associate status for over the last 10 years - credibility!!!

To bad they got caught and now this message has to get to Russia and France and any other country dealing with this "destructive cult". It will means less money in their pocket book and that is what this corporation thrives on!!

hawk

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Hawkaw:

I was really hoping that the audience would pick up on the fact that the WTS has actually been participating in the "world's political process" for the past 10+ years, and thus have become "part of the world".

Note these remarks by the Russian legislator in my last post above:

In this connection, Deputy Shishlov noted that NGOs have become a significant segment of the political landscape in Russia and expressed appreciation for the efforts of NGOs from abroad who assist Russia in human rights efforts.
    The website heavyweights here should create a separate section of their website devoted to all these "proofs/examples" of how the WTS has been, in reality, involved in the world's political processes for the past decade.
  • wannahelp
    wannahelp

Hawk..

Which Brochure are you referring to? I have the "NGOs and the United Nations Departement of Public Information: Some Questions and Answers"..

Is that the brochure you are looking for?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit