How did you feel when first posting on JWD?

by R.F. 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• R.F.
    R.F.

I was in heavy doubt about the organization, but still in the back of my mind I was a bit hesitant of posting because it was the "unforgivable sin". I think it took me 20 minutes to type my first post. I still felt that once I submitted my post that a bolt of lightning was going to come down upon me, so my hands were shaking as I was typing. Finally after a couple of weeks of deprogramming I finally had gotten the resolve to get out of the organization and my fear was lifted of speaking against it. How was it for you?

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

I felt really, really stupid because, due to a lack of teck training, I am a computer-impaired and could not figure out the forum...wait....are you talking about how it is for someone that exits and is getting used to freedom?

I felt really, really stupid because, due to my association with the JWs, I was logic-impaired and could not figure out life for a while...wait....

Well, just confused.....I really feel empathy for the blue fish that hung out with Elmo's dad....

V (I am referencing Channel C on Beacon Light....like here...just not as ram-bunc-shush...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Same deal here R.F.

I was nervous as hell, hands shaking, dry throat and wondering if the Service Department would find me and have me killed.

Not kidding.

Wish I was.

And some say it's not a cult.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your first post is..Exciting,you have no idea what to expect..Then..Your there...OUTLAW

• bebu
    bebu

Funny, I'm not from a JW background and I felt very nervous posting here, too!

I had never been to a discussion board before. I wondered if you guys were all going to gang up on me and tell me to get lost because it was 'JWs only'!! I just hoped I could slip in under the radar a bit, get a few posts under my belt so I wouldn't look so "new", and then folks wouldn't be rude that I didn't have a JW background!

Seriously!

bebu

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

I couldn't wait! It felt like the most natural thing in the world to do but then, I do wear my hear on my sleeve! As soon as I had read some posts I had the general feeling that this was a caring, no holds barred, open and fascinating place to be and contribute to and so there were no nerves - I had very quickly to come to see that the Borg was full of @&*% and had lied to me so I had no hesitation or fear of looking/posting. Thankyou to everyone who supported me in my early posts - I haven't been very good at replying to everyone on my posts so far... (sorry) :-)

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

I was not comfortable at all to make that first post. The guilt and 'are they watching' thing was ever present. When I posted a brief story of my life as a JW, I thought that someone is going to be able to identify me and I will have the elders on my doorstep in 24 hours, and a JC 10 minutes after that! Seriously!

I still lurk more often than I post. But I have no 'fear of men' anymore. Let them come, I have ammunition now! And I will use it!

I sometimes wonder if there are elders or someone from Bethel reading our posts and trying to figure out who we are. Very Orwellian huh? 1984 and big (bad) brother watching us. Has anyone seen "Equilibrium"? The JW mindset is so similar to that film. For me anyway.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Scared @#$%less!! lol

Even though this was not my first "exJW" DB, JWD was a whole different ballgame!! lol Thankfully Mouthy took my hand and helped me along (more like she gave me no choice!! lol).

Now I wonder why I lurked for so long!

BB

• blondie
    blondie

I had been lurking for awhile on several boards. But the rough and tumble discussion was not much to my style and few women were posting. I was not interested in finding a "new" religion, just discussing the old one.

I was still an active JW when posting on JWD but a question came up that I had just researched and so I posted. I was sure my real name was blazing away internally in some secret computer place.

Blondie (still doesn't tell all on any DB even the one about LOST, the tv show)

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

I actually enjoyed posting for the first time on here! I had posted on some similiar forums on myspace and I didn't even know about JWD. But thanks to Buttlight, I found my way here! Buttlight introduced me here and helped me get started.

It has been a great experience for me ever since! Even though I have been out of The Org. for a long time, I still had some unresolved issues and things that I still needed to get off my chest. Unfortunately, when I left the JWs years ago, sites like these didn't exist. It was much tougher back then to deal with the transition and to become an ex-dub. It was a very lonely time. But fortunately those days are long gone. Now I can throw in my two cents once in awhile on here, feel better and maybe also help someone else in the process.

Thanks again Buttlight!!! Here's to ya!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit