How did you feel when first posting on JWD?

by R.F. 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Warlock
    Warlock

I was afraid, but what the hell else was I supposed to do?

Warlock

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

The fear you describe really came from me reseaching the JW's online - I was pretty scared and thought once i'd crossed that line, there was no going back. But to my surprise there wasn't anything to worry about and only things to gain.

CS 101

• Open mind
    Open mind

Two phases:

First, reading of forbidden sites. Hands shaking. Looking over my shoulder while using a Public Library computer. That mentally freed me.

Second, actually posting. Hands shaking. Same thing only this time it was because I knew my world would come crashing down if I was caught. I wasn't worried about my "everlasting life" being hitched to the Watchtower wagon anymore.

Open Mind

• Miss 8572
    Miss 8572

I just posted for the first time... just now. About 5 min ago. And it was fantabulous. I just had to jump right in. There's no getting your feet wet. Just one big splash! KERSHPLOOOSH.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I am surprised at how compelling it was for many of you to post contrary to the WTS, in your own privacy, but fortunately you made it. For me it wasn't a problem since I had left the org long before coming here and through the net I had already realised beyond all doubt that the world would be better off without them. That just shows how this org can have a person in shackels and they not even realize to the extent. I'm still in the org and I feel like i'm still in prison.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I just posted for the first time... just now. About 5 min ago. And it was fantabulous. I just had to jump right in. There's no getting your feet wet. Just one big splash! KERSHPLOOOSH. Well splash right on in! Welcome to JWD Miss!!

• bluebell
    bluebell

I felt like I was an apostate and that someone was going to find out who I was and come and get me!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Awesome Miss 8572! Welcome!

Enjoy! There's a great bunch of people on here, united by a love of freedom and searching for happiness and sanity post-cult.

Nvrgnbk

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Glad you took the plunge Miss 8572! And welcome! Hope to read more of your posts! Once you get that 1st one out of the way, the rest are easy!!!

TCK

• BFD
    BFD

This is a partial quote from my 10th post in my 1st topic...

Brainfcked- I am being totally honest when I say that I am still bugged by a little voice in back of my mind that is telling me I am falling into one of Satan's snares. How do you turn off the JW voices in your head?

LOL! Now I can't get the apostavoices out of my head! Oh my, I'm just not well! LOL

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit