How did you feel when first posting on JWD?

by R.F. 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• eclipse
    eclipse

I too posted on another xJW board....and when I first went there, I was scared s%itless! I thought for sure they would find me...then another poster on that board introduced me to JWD....so here I am....

• done4good
    done4good

By the time I started lurking here, I already had been visiting Freeminds and had already read CoC and ISOCF. Posting within a day was rather easy.

j

• Emma
    Emma

I was a little scared but exhilarated at the same time. I'd lurked for several months and was also worried my real name popped up somewhere. Being encouraged to read Crisis of Conscience helped me to know "they" were wrong.

• done4good
    done4good

That said, just looking at the cover of CoC when it arrived, scared the $%!t out of me!

j

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I too was a lurker for some time. I got my first taste of posting on another apostate forum, besides The Answerbag where there are questions about the Witnesses (I answered them according to what I learned from other apostate Web sites and personal experiences). Then I went to another forum where I gained much needed experience.

Of course, I took reasonable precautions not to let the hounders see who I was without a lot of integrated thinking (which would have led them out as well). I didn't expect Jehovah to kill me at once: posting on an apostate Web site was a strike back that was intended to damage His organization the way He damaged my ability to meet the opposite sex (I wish I could have done that much damage--there wouldn't even be a Watchtower Society if I could be as thorough as He was). Hopefully I will succeed in damaging His organization--especially when I see all the other s*** it has pulled.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

As you all know I've been out since I was 18, that was 24 years ago!!!

But still I felt uneasy, like it was a trap and some elder would appear at my door or call me on the phone (how I don't know, we don't give phone # and address to register) and track me down to harrass me!!!

I know it's stupid!!!

nj

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

More than anything I wanted to make sure I was more moderate in my postings and sympathetic to the JWs even though they where wrong. I have since lightened up a bit ;)

• greendawn
    greendawn

I am surprised at how compelling it was for many of you to post contrary to the WTS, in your own privacy, but fortunately you made it. For me it wasn't a problem since I had left the org long before coming here and through the net I had already realised beyond all doubt that the world would be better off without them.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I felt like a small fish in a big pond. As it did not take long to see that a lot of people posted here and most comments were unnoticed. Where as on smaller boards, a simple statement would actually be noticed. I actually enjoy the larger attended board.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

Okay, now I don't feel so bad anymore. I remember my very first post on a XJW board a long time ago when I was about... 14 or 15 and I was such an apologists and all the people there were "just so mean" and "needed to move on with their lives and leave the witnesses alone." Yeah, one of those.

And then I went to a few other boards over the years and I was scared as hell when posting to them because even though my mother was computer-illiterate, I thought that Jehovahs would guide her through the valley of Windows and Explorers, and she'd get wise and find someway to check the cookies or the History on my computer or something, LOL! And when I posted my story on here, my Big JW Gay story with the elders, I felt like all of you- but I had reason to since I was posting from my school's library computer where I know a couple of JWs who regulaly pop in every now and then. And all I needed was for them to see me with my earphones in my ear, typing all willy nily and see one of them- have them read the title of the board and the topic thread.. *sighs*

Now that would have been fun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit