Would you EVENTUALLY be happy in a JW dominated new system?

by JH 46 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Many here say that they wouldn't want to live in a world dominated by JW's. I understand.

I know that I wasn't always happy under their rules and way of living. I don't like going to meetings, especially 5 a week. I don't like door to door, I don't like getting all dressed up in a suit and being different from others.

But if it came to this, which would you choose?

Living eternally with them in perfect conditions, under their rules, or be DEAD forever?

Rememeber, Satan would be gone, and no tempation around.... and we do adapt to anything, or do we?

I mean, isn't a half glass better than no glass at all?

Maybe today we can do what we want and the glass is 100% full, but death is 0% life.

I'm not starting this thread to make people go back, heck no, I'm just wondering if people are honest when they say they would rather die, and stay dead, than live under their rule in a new system. And that is IF they really had the truth.....which doesnt seem they do....

• blondie
    blondie

Only if drugged out of reality. I told a group of elders once that I would rather live a short time happy in "this system" than an eternity with such unloving, sourpusses such as themselves and others. I told them I was confident that God would make sure they would either have to shape up or would be shipped out permanently. Hmmm, how did I manage to avoid being booted that time?

Blondie

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Would you EVENTUALLY be happy in a JW dominated new system?

No. The JW idea of "paradise" is distasteful to me. No eating meat. No technology. No sex. No beards. Spending eternity digging in the dirt gardening and cultivating. I can barely stomach the hour I spend each week doing yard work, let alone an eternity. I'd rather be chopped to pieces with a dull machete.

W

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

This reminds me of an episode of South Park where God punished Saddam Hussein by sending him to heaven, a heaven that was populated only by Mormons. They were all wearing their black pants/skirts and white shirts and were telling Saddam "welcome, brother." LOL Saddam certainly didn't like it.

• blondie
    blondie

Spotty though the rights of women are in this world, they are even more nonexistent in the JW world.

Imagine there is a picture with a woman in a skirt climbing a ladder to pick apples from a tree in a WT publication. What a future to look forward to!

Blondie

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It would be a lot more palatable if they eventually back off the One Towel Rule.

Rub a Dub

• kwr
    kwr

Well if the afterlife is like Eden don't forget that were all gonna be naked again and not be ashamed, so it won't be so bad.

• JH
    JH

Maybe my title should have been: Is a live dog better than a dead Lion?

4 For as respects whoever is joined to all the living there exists confidence, because a live dog is better off than a dead lion.

• Dagney
    Dagney

At first when I read your question I said "where's the barfing smiley?"

Then I thought about it for a while.

If the rulership of the NS was to be exactly how the Org is governed now...I'd say "bleech." I'd kiss the Swiss chalet, pandas and everything goodbye for being able to have my own thoughts for a short time.

But I have had a lot of fun with former friends in years gone by, and if it was just them...I could do it. Maybe.

Blondie said"

Imagine there is a picture with a woman in a skirt climbing a ladder to pick apples from a tree in a WT publication.

Reminds me last time I was at Bethel waiting to go on a tour. There was a "sister" trying to clean the outside glass doors, in a skirt, in the winter, trying to keep her knees together and the skirt from flying up. *sigh*

• JH
    JH
    There was a "sister" trying to clean the outside glass doors, in a skirt, in the winter, trying to keep her knees together and the skirt from flying up. *sigh*

...and that's when you said a couple of hail marys, to flush those bad thoughts....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit