Cant get nobody to give the sunday talk

by darth frosty 35 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I was just talking to a friend of mine who is the talk coordinator at his hall. He was telling me that he cant get brothers to come and give talks at his hall. I remember when I was giving talks that was all the rage. He said one brother said 'I just gave a talk a few months ago how about I do it in sept or oct.'

I tell ya this organization has scrapped the very bottom of the barrel. He also said a lot of the brothers on the speakers list he got has either left(the borg) or moved away.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Wow Br. Darth Frosty - that is very "encouraging" news!!

BB

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

This was the trend I was noticing even as I exited.

Most brothers are exhausted, they must instinctively know that they've been had.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I've noticed this trend as well. It seemed like brothers were giving talks in a certain hall once every couple of years or so. Now they have been at the same hall every 4-5 months.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I tell ya this organization has scrapped the very bottom of the barrel.

I get your point, but I have changed my attitude. I used to give a talk at least
    once a month. I used to give a midweek part virtually every week. I would look
    at the guy who doesn't reach out for MS or the brother who says he can't give
    another talk and I would think "spiritually weak."

Now I understand that these people are trying to have actual balance. Not the
    balance that WTS means- seek the kingdom first and foremost, do more, more, more.
    They believe the doctrine, like I once did, but they don't act like they are going to
    displease Jehovah if they don't do more, more, more. It's not the bottom of the
    barrel, it's less warped.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

My doofus throwing his life down the toilet brother (elder) gives a talk every other week...

STOP WASTING YOUR LIFE, IDIOT!

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Ya well maybe if the stupid bastards would quit throwing away their best talents, so they can act all superior and riteous, they wouldn't have that problem. Now everyone can see how boring and untalented these last guys holding the bag are. Suckers! You deserve it.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

darth

either left(the borg) or moved away

yayyy

I was talk coordinator right up until the time I was deleted in december. I usually gave at least one talk a month. What I did not understand is the congos that had local or nearby speakers in the summer (good weather) but exchanged with far away speakers in the winter (or bad weather months)... That is bass ackwards.

For awhile, I was having to schedule 12 months in advance because other congos were doing it.

As for poor speakers, sometimes you just did not have a choice because they were ALL bad. Usually, I just avoided exchanging with those KHs. But if they were within the circuit, they had our speaker list and would call US...and usually they were 45-90 min away. Yet, my old congo was within an hour of at least 3 other circuits (6 if you say A, B, or C sides) in 2 states. I have a huge list I compiled privately. When I was deleted, I had the schedule out 4 months (I was letting it wind down knowing I was getting the boot)... and I did NOT turn over my private list to the PO (who was taking talk coordinating over). Screw him. I heard they have had a lot of bad speakers lately.... heh heh heh.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "not giving any more talks" Sheep Class)

• R.F.
    R.F.

Good brothers/speakers get treated like crap.

Good brothers/speakers tired of the crap and are removed, move away, or get tired of the org and quit.

Lifeless speakers rise to the job.

Ones struggling with meeting attendance start to find it even harder to attend because of poor speaker qualities.

Meeting attendance dwindles.................

.............I wonder how much longer the bOrg will last????.........

• Honesty
    Honesty

Maybe the Watchtower will send each congregation taped TALKS so they can all be in unity with one another and then the local elders can concentrate on more important things like investigating allegations of wrongdoing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit