Cant get nobody to give the sunday talk

by darth frosty 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger
    Now I understand that these people are trying to have actual balance. Not the
    balance that WTS means- seek the kingdom first and foremost, do more, more, more.
    They believe the doctrine, like I once did, but they don't act like they are going to
    displease Jehovah if they don't do more, more, more. It's not the bottom of the
    barrel, it's less warped.

I agree with that. Some actually are getting wise to this.

In my church, the leadership are constantly telling those with lots of gifts, talents and abilities that they want to offer, to take care of themselves and not try to do/be involved in everything.

When trying to make sure people don't become unbalanced with their perspective they always remind everyone "God first, family second (not in a neglected way), THEN church responsibilities.

It feels so much better than WTs approach on "reaching out"

• eclipse
    eclipse

''Maybe the Watchtower will send each congregation taped TALKS so they can all be in unity with one another and then the local elders can concentrate on more important things like investigating allegations of wrongdoing.''

I can see them reading this and a lightbulb going off - Wouldn't it be funny if they implemented this idea? They would save so much time! More time to do drive by's and investigations for sure - like the pharisees that they are.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I used to be the elder that coordinated talks. This was back in the mid 90s. We had several elders that wanted to schedule them at least once per month, and a few that complained if I scheduled too often.

I sort of enjoyed giving talks out of town. I had a few outlines that were similar enought that I basically gave the same talk everywhere I went. It didn't matter what was assigned. I still have the outlines, If you want to assign me, I am more than happy to visit your congergation.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Oh Gawd! How I hated boring and ignorant speakers!!!

I also hated stupid elders with their stupid rolly-polly brains. You guys are lucky in my opinion. Imagine being an intelligent woman and having to sit through an idiot elder who spewed out the society's old light meeting after meeting and you couldn't even bring it to his attention or anyone's because you would be a jezebel and be counseled for it and possibly a "special needs" talk would be given about you?

I used to write all of my husband's talks and they rocked. Everyone used to go up to him and tell him how much they enjoyed his talks LOL. Little did they know! hehe

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Just FYI guys if you want to give a talk at my friends hall he'll put you on. Just got to act fast. FOr the brothers with beards...we'll just tell the friends your from overseas.

• ramtrucker
    ramtrucker

''Maybe the Watchtower will send each congregation taped TALKS so they can all be in unity with one another and then the local elders can concentrate on more important things like investigating allegations of wrongdoing.''

My parents started attending meetings back in 1949. Then we moved about 20 miles and started attending a different congregation, much smaller.

There was an older couple there, who had been in the "truth" for many years.

He had at least one, perhaps more, old portable phonographs that the witnesses used to carry around. I'm not sure but what some of the records they had were used as public talks, back in the 1930s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit