Cant get nobody to give the sunday talk

by darth frosty 35 Replies latest jw friends

• R.F.
    R.F.

Maybe the Watchtower will send each congregation taped TALKS so they can all be in unity with one another and then the local elders can concentrate on more important things like investigating allegations of wrongdoing. You know, I really wouldn't put this too far past them.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

when I attended the meeting in April, there were no more than 35 people in the entire hall. The singing was monotone and lifeless. There was not one teeneager in the entire hall. The public talk was monotone, and the watchtower was truly the most boring I have ever attended. Even the guy doing the reading had some Danish accent and the whole thing was laboured.

I was a firey speaker, in my day. I won wards for my talents in school starting from gr.1 right up through high school. I have won trophies and even beat out the older grades in high school competitions. I learned public speaking long before entering the theocratic ministry school at 10 years old. This is not bragging cuz I couldn't give a rats ass anyways but it is to make a point why I say this.

When I was given talks. I would always get w"s despite the fact that I know I aced every single point on the slip and got great audience reaction afterwards. The brothers that have no abilitys but have the power, do not like to be upstaged, and get very jealous of people that are charismatic.

My point is that I think the society does not want anyone standing out or being a leader in any way. Any normal organization would nourish such talent and breathe life into the cong. but this is not what they want. The Gb wants all that attention and glory for themselves. Now they are falling on there own sword because they are such pathetic sorry asses that they rig their own game. Too bad suckers! You don't have any talent and never will.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Now, now, now.....it's the message not the messenger..............

If you can't stay awake..........then it's your fault when you get the axe.......at the Big A....

Must............keep...........sputtering..........to.......the.....end

(Insert death rattle here)

Open Mind

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Great news, Frosty! Sounds like people are getting very tired of the WT rat race....

I wonder how the new WTs are going to scare people off next year...

Maybe the Watchtower will send each congregation taped TALKS so they can all be in unity with one another and then the local elders can concentrate on more important things like investigating allegations of wrongdoing. You know, I really wouldn't put this too far past them.

No, I wouldn't. They took away live music and replaced it with a CD. Soon they might have to do the same with the talks....of course this will be after the 2008-2014 "Armageddon Will Be Here by 2014" fiasco...

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    the society does not want anyone standing out or being a leader in any way. Any normal organization would nourish such talent and breathe life into the cong. but this is not what they want. The Gb wants all that attention and glory for themselves.

This is so true. I experienced this in my own life as well. I was a young teen when I bought into the Watchtower teachings. I was something of an up and comer. I received a lot of compliments on my talks and a lot of the friends really saw good things in store for me (I also did well in school). Not the elders. They didn't like it one bit. It's as if my enthusiasm and preparation highlighted the fact that they lacked both. In fact, I never was given a #4 talk until well after I was baptized. I was a regular pioneer before they gave me one (this was back in the days when you could prepare an introduction and a conclusion for a #2). They preferred robots that just went along without causing much of a stir.

One of the lowlights of my JW career was when I was about 18 years old or so. I had been baptized for over a year and a half and I had been a regular pioneer. I had been very involved in congregation activities. I consistently led the morning group out in service, etc. I was expecting a recommendation as an MS. To my surprise, I was passed over, but this complete dumb ass was appointed instead. He was a few years older than me, but was a complete slacker. He always showed up late to meetings and had a reputation of being quite a partier. However, he towed the party line and didn't stick out very much. Also, his dad was an elder. That's they type of brother the BOE liked. I asked the PO what I needed to do to qualify for that "privilege" and he said that I wasn't old enough yet. There were two 18 year old ministerial servants in the neighboring congregation, however. Go figure. I remember thinking that I would have walked out of the meeting had that happened to me in a "worldly" organization. There's a Chinese (or is it Japanese?) proverb that applies really well in the JW world: "A nail that sticks out gets hammered down." You're right. They're paying the price for it. But then again, they prefer loyal subjects instead of talented overseers.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Good brothers/speakers get treated like crap. Yes.

Good brothers/speakers tired of the crap and are removed, move away, or get tired of the org and quit. Yes.

Lifeless speakers rise to the job. Yes.

Ones struggling with meeting attendance start to find it even harder to attend because of poor speaker qualities. Yes.

Meeting attendance dwindles................. Yes.

.............I wonder how much longer the bOrg will last????......... It is dying!

• R.F.
    R.F.

My point is that I think the society does not want anyone standing out or being a leader in any way. Any normal organization would nourish such talent and breathe life into the cong. but this is not what they want. The Gb wants all that attention and glory for themselves. Now they are falling on there own sword because they are such pathetic sorry asses that they rig their own game. Too bad suckers! You don't have any talent and never will.

How oh so true!

I get so tired of the "friends" say..."the faithful slave this and the faithful slave that". It can be so much to make you sick. But you don't see many articles telling us not to glorify the Governing Body so much do we? How come they don't imitate the early Christians and glorify Jesus Christ as much?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Back in the day..Giving talks around the countryside made you a WBT$ Superstar!..Now nobody wants the bullsh*t job!..Are people getting Smarter??..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Neverendingjourney-I totally feel what you are saying. Another good line the elders use to pass you over for promotion err privliges. Is to tell you that maybe JAH is testing you and you need to show a waiting attitude like moses, or that guy that made cheese for 40 years. How much prime natural talent has this organization wasted, to allow insignificant men to hold on to past glory?

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Wow I'm glad you folks are seeing what I saw. Without affrirmation from fellow ex witnesses they'd almost make you beleive its in your head.

I think the first one to start dismanlting the way the congs operate in apppoinment was fat ass loud mouth phychopath Rutherford who couldn't stand any opposition form anyone or be outshone by anyone including those who were great admirers of Russel. His outstanding ego drained every bit of talent there ever was in the org and he organized it that way so that he could always have control and not opposition. It's lingering effects last to this day.He was the guy that had to get his hands into congregational matters to make sure everyone was in line with his fat ass when he took the power from congs. to elect there own elders based on there appeal. He has created a system of mindless drones who don't even realize that the reason they are still there is because they are the most pathetic of the lot and yet they think that they're the best! What a laugh. Pahtetic!

I really loved that asian proverb, about a nail getting hammered down when it stands out. Rutherfords fat ass ego was so big he didn't even realize it was his own undoing. He of all people should know about organizing a system to silence people and have things his egotistical way. He was the first ass wipe to wrest control of the org. from the people it was rightly left to by Russel by his legal bullshit. The games been going on ever since. Kiss the fat ass!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit