Cant get nobody to give the sunday talk

by darth frosty 35 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty
    Tyrone said-He has created a system of mindless drones who don't even realize that the reason they are still there is because they are the most pathetic of the lot and yet they think that they're the best!

Great observation

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    Another good line the elders use to pass you over for promotion err privliges. Is to tell you that maybe JAH is testing you and you need to show a waiting attitude

God. This is bringing back old memories. Some of the friends noticed what happened and were not pleased. An MS from the hall approached the CO about it and wanted me to get in on the action. I decided to take the "humble," wait-on-Jehovah route instead. I was really devastated. It wasn't just being passed over, but the year and a half I spent as a regular pioneer was one of the worst periods in my life. I felt like I was being constantly belittled and the pretty picture of Jehovah's loving organization was vanishing before my eyes. There was little to no support from the BOE, that's for sure. They didn't like my proactive attitude. Anyhow, to make a long story short, my faith in God was on very shaky ground. Because of this, I ended up making some mistakes. I went to the elders to confess and there was the confirmation that the elders needed to confirm that they were right in taking their time with me. I wasn't spiritually ready to handle more responsibility. Bastards. They shattered my faith in God; I failed to live up to the high standards of the WTBTS as a result of my weakened state, and that confirmed they were right all along.

The irony is that they began to take a liking to me after that. I slowed down considerably because I felt I wasn't worthy of serving Jehovah. They were ready to appoint me MS not long after that, but I wanted no part of it. From a JW perspective, I kept going down the tubes and it made it impossible for them to appoint me because of it. Looking back, I needed to go through all of that to realize that it was all a farce. What can you do? I just try to extract life lessons from all of that and move on with my life.

• Threestars
    Threestars
    Any normal organization would nourish such talent and breathe life into the cong. but this is not what they want

How true that is! And the stupid misogynist bonzo cult doesn't even realize it's wasting approximately half of it's potential "talent" by forbidding women the er, well, priviledge of giving talks.

Some of the best sermons I've heard in churches since I've left the borg have been by female ministers. I'm an excellent public speaker myself. While I was still in dubvilledom the last time I flat-out refused to join the ministry school because I was literally disgusted by the idiotic way women had to perform their little routines onstage so's they wouldn't be able to address the men directly. I reasoned that if they couldn't get up there and address the audience like a normal, intelligent human being, then they shouldn't be required to do it at all. Come to think of it...that was my excuse for not going out in field service, too! After all, wasn't it Paul who said a woman should keep quiet and not teach???? Freaks!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Good, I hope this trend continues. I hope the lead hounder in our congregation starts having to give ALL the talks (all the "Em, you know..." and "I forgot your name" 's and all). And I hope this further drives people away when he starts hammering recreation, forces singles to stay that way forever, and orders teenagers (and not-even-teenagers) to get baptized and then start screeching away their lives in the misery. And I hope he has to handle ALL the parts in the Theocraptic Misery School and the Slavery Service Meeting.

If they ever try to get me to give a talk, that is going to be the biggest mistake of their career. I will use all the apostate Web sites as research material instead of the Craptower publications. And I will integrate my life experiences, seasoned specifically to make people not want to do anything for this heartless organization. Every chance I get, I will blow the whole illusion. I will theme it "Not only is the Bible a crock, but the Watchtower Society isn't even following it like they say!". Hopefully everyone in attendance will see the whole organization as a scam by the time I am finished, and there won't even be a congregation to give talks to.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

As far back as ten years ago when I was working with the CO. he lamented to me on how they were scraping the bottom of the barrell even then. The bottom of the barrell is so worn from all that scaping over the last few years that it has holes in it now.

Blueblades

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

New flash of light coming... sisters can be elders now!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Tell him that I will be happy to do it.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

OUTLAW:

Giving talks around the countryside made you a WBT$ Superstar!..Now nobody wants the bullsh*t job!..Are people getting Smarter??..

Noooo...not smarter outlaw......stingier.....the cost of gas is getting higher

Who wants to spend $3+ gallon drive 1-2 hours away (esp in rural areas where everyone is so far apart) and give a stupid talk. I had a heck of a time getting brothers to go farther than 30 min..and that sure could limit my pool of decent speakers....

SnakesInTheTower (of the Fading Sheep Class)

Ps to our European members...I know I know....we are lucky to have $3/gal petrol...compared to what $7 equivalent over there? We had $2/gal just a year ago and $1/gal just a couple of years before that..we are in sticker shock in the US.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

But.....................You can count you time giving the public talk!

Now what I did when scheduled a talk in another congregation is, I knew a brother who was always short on cash and I paid him to substitute for me and keep it quiet. Then, I would stay home or go sight seeing for the day. It was a 'win, win' situation!

Outaservice

• lawrence
    lawrence

Here I am, send me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit