Zone talk by David Splane - Four figurative giants - Education etc

by truthseeker 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Than he said, if you have a kid of 14, 15 or 16 years and the kid is not baptized yet, wat about your education?
    At that age they should be baptized or thinking about it.

I think this is a fairly common unwritten rule, but it's unusual to hear it spelled out explicitly.

Imagine you have an 18 year old son not baptized.

And that's exactly what worries them. If the kid makes it to 18 without getting sucked in, they're a lot more likely to start making a life for themselves that's not centered around the org. The WT needs to get them while they're still young enough that their environment is controlled (and also young enough to be more easily guilted or pressured).

• Mum
    Mum

Twisted! Other than (very loosely) basing his talk on a Bible story, there are no scriptural references. It's hard to link anything he said to Jesus, the Bible, or Christianity.

The "evidence" he gave to back up his assertions was mostly anecdotal. One 12-year old's story is not a good basis for one's decisions. As far as the computer scientist working in the Bethel kitchen, of course only an organization with such a bizarre system of assigning jobs would have such a problem. Gopher is right about the negative self-talk: how is one supposed to look at oneself positively when being harangued constantly about not doing enough. As for peer pressure, everyone has to deal with it, not just JW's. Unfortunately, young JW's can't make decisions based on right and wrong because they are not taught anything but blind obedience, i.e., giving in to peer pressure of the adults at the KH.

Regards,

SandraC

• ninja
    ninja

never mind david splane.....even david blaine couldn't help them escape the mess they are in

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Post your comment and VOTE us up and dub trolls down Jehovah's Witness gathering celebrates baptisms
    Billings Gazette , MT - 19 minutes ago
    He was solidifying a commitment to God that had been a long time in coming, as thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses looked on. Ball, from Whitehall, was one of ... [email protected] reporter .....College student Danielle Delzer of Helena also took the plunge Saturday. Delzer, 19, who attends Rocky Mountain College in Billings , was baptized as her parents, a brother and many people from her congregation looked on.

Delzer grew up a Jehovah's Witness. But she said she waited to be baptized until she was on her own at college for a couple of years. Going to meetings and doing service convinced her that she was ready to make the commitment.

For now, she said, that will mostly take the form of sharing her faith with her fellow college students.

"I have a great opportunity in college where kids are looking for their own religion," she said. "A lot of them haven't heard of Jehovah's Witnesses, and I find a great opportunity there." Contact Susan Olp at [email protected] or 657-1281.

• VM44
    VM44

Does anyone know what sort of person David Splane is?

What sort of personality does he have?

Is he usually an intelligent person? That is, is he intelligent when he is not giving a talk?

--VM44

• Gayle
    Gayle

I would hope that Danielle Delzer (in the article Danny posted) sets the example for JW youth to wait for baptism at least till older (not 10/11) and goes to college and hopefully get a career and have a Plan B.

• Scully
    Scully

VM44:

Does anyone know what sort of person David Splane is?

He was in the Circuit work and District work in Canada for a long time. Now serves on the Governing Body, if I remember correctly.

Apparently he is a company man and an ass-kisser extraordinaire.

• Warlock
    Warlock

This was related to our self-image. We can be negative about ourselves and think we are not worthy for God. And this can be as a giant.
    The same with our thoughts. When we start thinking negatively, a second thought can come, a 3rd, 4th and eventually we think we are not worth anything for God and we get into depression. The first thought was wrong. When we would start thinking negatively, we should stop it and think positive and pray for help.

Now, where would we EVER get a thought that we may not be worthy for God?

THESE PEOPLE ARE THE ONE'S WHO PUT THOSE THOUGHTS IN THE HEADS OF THE R & F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, that pisses me OFF!!!!!!!!

Warlock

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I constantly boggles me that these guys can be so deluded, and that none of the emperors assistants (other guys in bethel who can see the stupidity) can stick around watching it. I guess it would create a deeply suspicious and distrustful culture, with all those kitchenhands fighting over promotions. King shyte of turd hill.

• Pachemu Nyet
    Pachemu Nyet

I worked in the 124 kitchen for 4 years (80-83). Except for the steamy 'Pot Room', I actually had a great time with a good group of guys with some good benifits. If Splane is going to 'slight' a department, pick the Laundry. My first roomate was assigned there and hated it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit