Zone talk by David Splane - Four figurative giants - Education etc

by truthseeker 61 Replies latest jw friends

• brinjen
    brinjen

Than he discussed the disadvantages of university. People always think you need a certificate to find a job. He said that the situation currently is that too many people have a degree and some people even have to pretend you don't have a degree to find a job.
    If you have a degree eg computer sciences and you start working at Bethel in the kitchen, what advantage will you have with a degree in computers, you won't use the knowledge. And if you need to stop working at Bethel after 15 years of service, than your degree is worth nothing, because the technology has evoluated.
    So basic point is you definitely don't need a degree, you're better without it.
    Than he also gave some examples of brothers/sisters who worked at Bethel and had to leave Bethel because they were expecting kids. They easily found a job with the things they learned at the theocratic school.
    So the message here is give up any thoughts of having a life and just resign yourself to their service (translated to english).

• chirac
    chirac

haven't' you taped david splane if possible translated in french during the morning... this is really a must in watchtower recent talks

thank you truthseeker

• done4good
    done4good

Geez, this is bad even by WT standards...

j

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

Sounds very much to me they don't want people to become educated and knowable in fear that you'll receive so much knowledge you might leave them.

The WTS. has always bemoaned higher education and disregarded it's importance to their flock just for the simple reasons that I've stated.

Back in the 70's they stated that collages and universities were places of ungodliness and should be avoided, young people should instead spend more time in flied service.

Isn't it nice though that they care so much about the personal intellectual growth of their members and the useful gain that society can obtain from that endeavor.

Yep.... religious cults are the cats meow aren't they

• belbab
    belbab

VM 44 asks what kind of person is David Splane.

Here is an old article about him.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/10619/1.ashx

I see from the Zone talk, that his exalted delusions of grandeur have not changed. Neither has his ridiculous interpretions of Scripture.

When will you answer the question, Dave? Sincere inquiring minds would like to know.

belbab

• justhuman
    justhuman

The GB with still hold their crap regarding higher educatiuon!!!

I hate them. They have destroyed MY LIFE and the lifes of many other because of their policy. The False Prophets ib Brooklyn they know why they wanted to keep us uneducated.

Our best goals in life was to become pioneers and CLEAN TOILETS. I was in my late teens in 1984. And the end was so closed then...we didn't had time for anything, only to preach their false gospel...they filled our minds with the armageddon syndrome.

What happends now? 23 YEARS AFTER. I'M 40 YEARS OLD spend my best years to preach about their FAMOUS GENERATION THAT WILL NOT PASS. As a result of this policy I gave up my music. When I started playing music and I had the chance to do something the elders came to show me that a christian should not persue fame in this world.

The same happened when I build a profesional radio station. I was threaten with disfellowshiped if I didn't quit that project.

So when I got married I had to work 3 jobs in order to support my family. You see when you are not educated, you are getting less salary than the other people. I remember my schoolmates, that they finished university,they are getting at least double salary than mine.

And NO one ever cared less why did I had work 3 jobs to support my family. The elders of the Watchtower they only cared why I was missing their bloody meetings, and I was becoming spiritual dead. The Watchtower was building their empire upon us, and they never care less, how we would make it in this world.

Now I 'm disfellowshiped, I had to leave my home because of the tension that was between my wife and me, and the fact that the elders of the WITCH TOWER told my wife that it was better to ask me to leave home because I would be a danger to the spirituality of her and my 2 children.

I live alone with NO one to care about me, because I'm an evil apostate, that must be destroyed in Armageddon.

HOW MANY LIFES YOU ARE GOING TO DESTROYED YOU EVIL PEOPLE. YOU DESTROYED THOUSANDS OF LIFES IN THE ALTAR OF YOUR BLOODY ORGANIZATION.

YOU DESTROYED MY LIFE, MY FATHERS LIFE, MY MOTHERS LIFE, AND YOU ARE ON THE WAY TO DESTROYED MY 2 CHILDRENS LIFE

I HOPE THAT GOD HOLDS A PLACE IN HELL FOR YOU, BECAUSE HELL IT IS YOUR INHERITANCE

• VM44
    VM44

The following two names are each associated with both Brooklyn and Patterson in New York State:

David H. Splane,

Linda J. Splane.

One might make the connection that Linda is the name of David's wife.

--VM44

• zagor
    zagor

Reading what was in this talk is an insult to human intelligence. It was written for vegetables not people. It assumes that listeners are utterly and hopelessly brainless and then they are encouraged to be stupefied even more by rejecting education. Yes education is not enough it is just a starting point but if you don't have it then you are not even counted for the position unless it is janitorial. One would really wonder why most JWs are window washers and toilet cleaners.

Then don't believe press, never mind that they quote from the same press when the story is about someone else, let's say Catholic Church, oh we won't even go there, will we?

Peer pressure? huh, what about peer pressure inside the WTBS oh yes we don't call it peer pressure any more we sugarcoat is as "encouragement".

But one that takes the cake is ourselves, so basically new "encouragement" is to completely turn our brains off so we don't even have a first thought let alone a second, lmao. May I suggest more effective method guys in GB how about this for per every head

• VM44
    VM44

What has David H. Splane REALLY accomplished in his life of 63 years?

Not very much at all, and I am including his being selected to be a Governing Body member.

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

...They easily found a job with the things they learned at the theocratic school.

Oh Really? and what did they learn at the theocratic school that lead to finding a job? David Splane doesn't mention any specifics at all.....BECAUSE HE IS JUST MAKING IT ALL UP!

He also appears to have something specifically against the field of Computer Science. He speaks against it over and over again in his talks. I doubt seriously if he knows anything at all about the subject.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit