Man has figured out how to burn salt water.

by jaguarbass 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

http://www.wkyc.com/video/player.aspx?aid=35660&bw

I bet Exon and mobil will buy this information so the public cant have it. Thats what they call capitalism.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yeah them oil companies will snap that up in a heartbeat.

Just now I remembered an episode from the Dukes of Hazzard where they ran their cars on moonshine.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The video doesn't work. Are there any other links? YouTube?

My first instinct tells me that this is a scam. In order to burn water you first need to separate the hydrogen from the oxygen and this takes more energy than you will get back when you burn it.

Granted, you can do this to store energy in the form of Brown Gas, but you still need to have another energy source, such as fossil fuels, to make the brown gas to begin with. In the end you are back where you started.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Fire from Salt Water

John Kanzius has found a way to burn salt water with the same radio wave machine he is using to kill cancer cells.

Kanzius was test his external radio-wave generator to see if it could desalinate salt water, and the water ignited. A university chemist determined that the process is generating hydrogen, which can be burned as fuel.

While the phenomenon is interesting, it is not yet practical for energy generation. More energy is consumed by the radio frequency device than is produced for burning. Efficiency-wise, they are presently at around 76 percent of Faraday's theoretical limit. (Other Hydrogen-from-Water methods, such as the one being pursued by Bob Boyce (http://freeenergynews.com/Directory/Transportation/Bob_Boyce/), are approaching 7x).

From: John_Kanzius_Produces_Hydrogen_from_Salt_Water_Using_Radio_Waves

Dave

• AlmostAtheist
  • jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Elsewhre the video works when I click on it. I'm thinking you might not have the proper video player in your computer. Sorry.

• kid-A
    kid-A

"Granted, you can do this to store energy in the form of Brown Gas, but you still need to have another energy source, such as fossil fuels, to make the brown gas to begin with."

I thought all it took was a large bean burrito?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Interesting.

My Dad mentioned a method he'd read about (somewhere) using boron, in some way, to separate the oxygen & hydrogen, then burn it in an engine. I haven't had a chance to search for info yet.

Has anyone else heard of this ?

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

I think I may be about to show my ignorance... but... Why does it have to be saltwater, instead of pure water? Just curious.

Lore

• observador
    observador

I have been able to see the video. Elsewhere may not have the right plug-in.

The video is incredible, but unfortunately I am not able to comment on how economically viable his invention would be. It just surprises me that no one else has thought about it...

Would love to see comments on this.

Observador.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit