Who is your favorite animated cartoon character?

by gaiagirl 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

My favorite would have to be Marvin the Martian (first appearance 1948). Everything about him cracks me up, from his Roman gladiator helmet and kilt, to the way he walks and speaks ("that makes me angry, very angry indeed"), to the ultra cool devices he uses (suprisingly, from Acme, who apparantly has outlets on Mars). A very close second, almost a tie, would have to go to Droopy (first appearance 1943), who also walks and speaks in a humorous manner, and who has abilities far beyond what would be expected from his dimunitive size. If you've never seen these guys, I strongly recommend the collection of Warner Bros. cartoons featuring Marvin, titled "Space Tunes" (available only on VHS at present, although I copied it to DVD for personal use). It features Marvin's body of work from the 'golden age', as well as more recent work, plus some other Warner Bros cartoons with a sci-fi or fantasy theme. Also, the complete collection of Droopy's 24 theatrical presentations is available on DVD, featuring cartoons made from 1943 up to the late 1950s. Both are simply awesome, and I would have to say that they simply don't make cartoons that good any more.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I used to love The Ardvark and Crazy Legs Crane from the Pink Panther Tv series. Also Will O The Wisp voiced over by Kenneth Williams from the Carry on Films back in the 80's.

Today its hard to find a character as sage as Lisa from the Simpsons. I love her!

• Dansk
    Dansk

100% Bambi! Don't you just fall apart when his mum gets shot! But when he becomes a stag and gets his doe, well, I'm just an old romantic. (((((()))))

Ian

• blondie
  • brinjen
    brinjen

Has to be Lisa Simpson. Followed closely by Stewie Griffith.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I don't have one in particular, but I like the more obscure characters. Like on Looney Toons, there is a bull dog named Marc Antony with an adorable little black and white kitten who likes to curl up on top of the dog, digging into him with his claws and nestling down to sleep while the dog takes it all without complaint. Also on Looney toons, there is a huge white furry monster, Bigfoot? and he picks up Bugs Bunny and says "I will kiss him and hug him and comb his hair backwards and call him George" I do that to my kids!!!!! The animals who did the work of modern appliances on the Flintstones. The bird inside the camera, the garbage disposal, the elephant who stood outside the window while Wilma used his trunk as the kitchen faucet. I find them funny as an adult more so than as a child. Just a few of mine!!!!

• Spectre
    Spectre

Pepe Le Pew. That cat gets all the [edited].

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Bill O'Reilley on the Fox News Cartoon Channel.

What a hoot!!!

Rub a Dub

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Too many! I'll narrow it down to

Roadrunner, the Tasmanian Devil (did he eventually get called Taz?), all The Simpsons characters

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Homer J Simpson.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit