Who is your favorite animated cartoon character?

by gaiagirl 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Jessica Rabbit.. my idol and then Stewie Griffith...followed by Boomhoaur. (sp)

• 5go
    5go

The old daffy duck

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Tinkerbell

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

I always liked Elmer Fudd because he's so funny, and I know a guy who talks like that. And also Porky Pig as 'Cadet' from Duck Dodgers.

But after playing Kingdom Hearts, my favorite cartoon character is most definately Goofy.

Followed very closely by King Mickey.

alt

Lore

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

I watch bugs bunny with Marge and the kids like Itchy and Scratchy, those two clowns, I really feel sorry for the cat though

Hey wait a minute I'm an animated character, shouldn't I like myself.............doh !

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Also on Looney toons, there is a huge white furry monster, Bigfoot?

Ha ha! Is that the one with the converse tennis shoes? I think the one I'm thinking about had red hair.

My favorite was always Bugs Bunny.

Donald Duck

Grouchy Smurf.

When I was really young my fav was Popeye.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I have a Marvin the Martian poster in the garage.

Gotta give props to baby plucky too.

Elelater go down the hole!

• watson
    watson

Foghorn Leghorn and Yosemite Sam.

Thanks for the memories!!

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

I grew up watching stuff like Tom & Jerry, Jetsons, Scooby Doo...many favorites over the years, often they changed as my tastes or personality changed. As a kid, one of my favorites was Jonny Quest (one of the few I didn't have to watch on the sly or feel quilty about, cause he was a "good character" because of the father being such an integral part of teaching him morals, etc, but he was still cool and got to have lots of neat adventures). Speed Racer was one of my childhood favorites too, because I liked watching car races on tv back then, and anything with a monkey was just awesome! (BJ and the Bear, Tarzan, even Mutual of Omaha nature specials, anything with monkeys.) Most cartoons came on Saturday mornings though, and in the WWCG, many parents strictly enforced a no tv on Saturdays rule. Of couse, when betamax came out, that didn't stop most of those same parents from taping Dallas on Friday nights, more liberal ones might have let their kids tape the morning cartoons too, dunno.

Though I wouldn't really say it's my favorite, I've most often compared myself too, and sorta oddly relate to, Wile E Coyote...he's not actually dumb, just seems to fail no matter what. Has brains, or he wouldn't be able to draw up all those grandiose plans. I consider myself pretty smart, in my opinion my natural intelligence is pretty high up there, I seldom meet people with higher...but because of church doctrine, and later for financial reasons, I never went to college, and feel like I could be doing so much better in life than I am now...can't ever seem to catch my roadrunner, though.

I'm also rather fond of sometimes saying "I'm smarter than the av-er-age bear", usually to pat myself on the back after solving some problem or other at work...and then follow that by saying "but the average bear is probably dumb as bricks, with an IQ of about 20-30, so whatever".

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

MJ: I think the one with tennis shoes was the red haired monster. With the huge part right down the center! I can't remember much about the character who said "....and call him George". Looney Toons were my life. I was lucky. Dad not a jw and every saturday morning spent watching all the old classics. I remember dad watching with us. Kitten Whiskers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit