My Spiritual Awakening has turned to........

by AK - Jeff 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    This might be because now you have no meaning to life and nothing to look fwd to. You might want to check what is it that made you leave. Maybe it was the fact that you dont have the strength to overcome all the evil's doing or just that you are not into it anymore. Yet if you really say you want to replace going to the meeting with something, why dont you keep going and associating with those friends in the Hall that can help you overcome this issue.

Of course I know precisely why I left. I am of course talking about the healing process that comes from leaving a mind-control cult after 40 years of oppression, lies, manipulation, false prophecy, false doctrine, hatred disguised as love, hypocricy, tolerance of pedophilia, blood laws that kill people, dishonoring Jesus with false reasoning, misrepresentation of scholarly works, use of invented chronology, rewriting of the Bible, and worship of the Governing Body. I am sure I missed a few reasons.

Why would I want to associate with the 'Friends'? Is that the same 'friends' that shun me for asking questions, and cross the street to avoid me due to my willingness to examine the Bible for what it is? You need friends like that - then you go associate with them. I don't.

Welcome BTW. Stick around here and perhaps you will understand the depth of the reasons I just stated. False religion is false religion - no matter the bluff they pull over ones' eyes.

Jeff

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

False religion is a bit of a misnomer, don't you think, in that is presupposes that there's a "true" religion?

What if religion is just an organised means of people expressing their spirituality? Maybe some "groups" that call themselves a religion are merely using that guise and are hurting others in the process?

I enjoy a range of religious practises that include church attendance for its communal aspect. I never lose sight of the fact that religion for its own sake is often detestable, and that my focus is spirituality. As has been rightly stated, it doesn't require a building or company for that, but sometimes it can be nice

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    False religion is a bit of a misnomer, don't you think, in that is presupposes that there's a "true" religion?

Is falsity dependent on the existence of the opposite 'truth'? Not sure. But point taken.

Does there have to exist an honest person before we call one who misrepresents facts a liar?

Jeff

• rebel8
    rebel8

"the fact that you dont have the strength to overcome all the evil's doing"

This is a question for AK-Jeff: Do tell us the juicy details of the evils you're doing! Apparently I am the only one who missed your stories, because even this complete stranger knows all about your evilness! 8\

So tell us! Is that purple ribbon masquerading as a cancer awareness ribbon really a Satanic cross?

The lurid smokin details about your exploits with the Lions Club and the sensational soirees of your family life....sounds evil to me. :p

(big eye roll)

• vitty
    vitty

Jeff

You have put into words exactly how I feel. I felt for a long time, and still do a bit that I should be a " christian" because without that label I am a lesser person

Especially when taking to my JW family..............but Ive gone through such a turmoil of feelings, but i was stuck in the superstition of the religion and when you escape from that, the need of God seems to go away.

I felt for a long time the need to replace my knowledge that I was duped to finding the truth..................but I feel there is no truth, so I must be content with that

• ibme
    ibme

Thanks for your thoughts.

It was about 10-12 years ago that I came to the same reality.

I am at peace. Peace with myself. Peace with my fellow humans. Peace with my FRIEND Jehovah.

I simply let ALL do just what they what, be it from a religious, political, or financial viewpoint.

Yes it's a great feeling.

I try very hard to be just ME.

ibme and the rest can just be themselves.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Yet if you really say you want to replace going to the meeting with something, why dont you keep going and associating with those friends in the Hall that can help you overcome this issue.

Well gee whiz - I guess this poster has it all figured out Jeff. I guess this would apply equally to those who leave groups like the Church of Scientology. If such a former member feels the discomfort and emotional confusion from their departure, they should just continue to associate with the other Scientologists until they are able to overcome such issues.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Its nice to do what you do because you want to do it, rather than having it foisted on you, huh?

Jeff:

Does there have to exist an honest person before we call one who misrepresents facts a liar?

Yes. Labels work by contrast. If there were no contrast the label would be meaningless.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Labels work by contrast. If there were no contrast the label would be meaningless.

Once again LT, you have given me thoughts upon which to chew....

This is a question for AK-Jeff: Do tell us the juicy details of the evils you're doing! Apparently I am the only one who missed your stories, because even this complete stranger knows all about your evilness! 8\

So tell us! Is that purple ribbon masquerading as a cancer awareness ribbon really a Satanic cross?

The lurid smokin details about your exploits with the Lions Club and the sensational soirees of your family life....sounds evil to me. :p

(big eye roll)

Yes - Rebel8 - did you not know that all that leave take on 'evil' as their soulmate? Actually, I can't actually recall any particular evil that I have engaged in - though I did throw out a Jw book last week - perchance this is the evil he speaks about? LOL

Well gee whiz - I guess this poster has it all figured out Jeff.

Yes, Arthur, he must. Unfortunately, not long ago, he could have been me. [or perhaps you?] So I hope he sticks around and figures out for himself the reasons that he too must leave someday. Seems that one of the preeminent qualities of those in bondage is to insist that they are not.

Jeff

Jeff

• willyloman
    willyloman

Jeff: That's the amazing part of this journey. After so many miles, you feel differently about things. And you are free to feel differently! It's not a crisis.

We started attending an Episcopal Church (very open-minded and tolerant of people's differences) and felt fairly comfortable there in part because we knew four or five people from work who attended sometimes, so we usually see some familiar faces. At first, it was nice to take in some communal worship in a place that respected your privacy and space, and we liked that. It was also fascinating to make the "aha!" connections (similarities and differences) with our JW "church" experience.

For a couple of years, we attended about once a month -- and always, of course, on Christmas and Easter. There is no greater experience for an ex-dub than to sing Silent Night with 600 other people in candlelight on Christmas Eve, in my opinion.

However, we have seldom attended in recent months, for many of the same reasons you cite. We were beginning to get suggestions from friendly folk that we become more involved with all the many programs they have throughout the week, and it reminded us of our old KH schedule. As my wife said, "We've done that, I'm not interested." Like you, we view ourselves as spiritual people, rather than religious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit