My Spiritual Awakening has turned to........

by AK - Jeff 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    JeffI still feel spiritual, but not in a religious sense nowadays.

I feel exactly that way, too. Well, minus the "spiritual" part.

You don't have to lose your spirituality if you lose your religion
    Gumby

So, is it wrong to "lose your spirituality" ? If so, why ?

And the $64,000 question:

startingoverMaybe someone can help me understand something. I have never been able to understand what "spirituality" means.

I used to think I knew what this meant, but, now I consider myself agnostic. I feel nothing about any 'god'. Further, if a 'god' were ever proven to exist, I think I'd still feel like I do now...I simply don't care about Him/Her/It. Most believers feel sorry for me and will look at me like my dog just died. I tell them, "Don't worry...I'm OK...really".

Startingover has asked a real good question.

Rabbit

*Disclaimer: I did 'wipe the slate clean' after leaving JWism, but, I try to be open-minded. On my journey I've changed a lot of my beliefs and will admit to a certain amount of natural uncertainty. After all, since I was once totally fooled about god & religion and was a cult member, I don't easily trust being so certain and say, "I KNOW!" Also, I have no idea where my beliefs will be a year from now...I want whatever happens to feel natural this time. If that includes belief in a higher power... it won't be forced on me by fear or manipulation -- this time.

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby
    So, is it wrong to "lose your spirituality" ? If so, why ?

Rabbit, you overzealous breeding bastard 'o friend 'o mine,

I don't think that is a yes or no question. Of course it wouldn't be wrong to lose it, nor would it be right. Each person has the right to choose that and some have more reason to be on the pro side than others do.

As for myself, I'm a spiritual person in that I believe in powers beyond those man can prove exists.

Gumby

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

As for myself, I'm a spiritual person in that I believe in powers beyond those man can prove exists.

Gumbyleena

Hmmm...that's an interesting way of putting it. I haven't heard that before. Some people mean Jesus, Thor, Ra or even Mother Nature when being spiritual. So, what's involved ? I know people that never go to religious services that claim a spiritual 'feeling' when they see beauty or they are 'moved' by some experience.

I call that happiness, joy or wonderment. Not spirituality.

Somebody 'splain it to me...? There can be no wrong answers ...cause it's an opinion about how you feel.

Rabbit

• JT
    JT

However, we have seldom attended in recent months, for many of the same reasons you cite. We were beginning to get suggestions from friendly folk that we become more involved with all the many programs they have throughout the week, and it reminded us of our old KH schedule. As my wife said, "We've done that, I'm not interested." Like you, we view ourselves as spiritual people, rather than religious.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

BINGO- the minute i was told you are not growing spritiually due to not being involved in all the MEETINGS DURING THE WEEK i almost wanted to vomit!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was like Ground Hog Day all over again-SMILE

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    Some people mean Jesus, Thor, Ra or even Mother Nature when being spiritual. So, what's involved ? I know people that never go to religious services that claim a spiritual 'feeling' when they see beauty or they are 'moved' by some experience.

I call that happiness, joy or wonderment. Not spirituality.

Somebody 'splain it to me...? There can be no wrong answers ...cause it's an opinion about how you feel.

Rabbit

So... 'splain it to me...? Spirituality 101.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit