My Spiritual Awakening has turned to........

by AK - Jeff 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

General Apathy about religion.

I don't know precisely when it happened. But at some point I began to stop needing anything 'organized' in my life religiously. Not too long ago - as attested to by multiple threads I started here - I was still wishing to replace the ritual of religion at the Kingdom Hall with some other church. Now, though I do not oppose religion, per se, I feel no drive to be part of it. Conversely, I feel no dread to attend a church here or there should I desire to do so. Part of the mental healing process I suppose. I still feel spiritual, but not in a religious sense nowadays. I have not put God away, but I see Him as different than I ever did - even just a few months back.

Reality has replaced delusion. I don't know where the journey will take me from here - but I feel fine where I am now.

Jeff

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    but I see Him as different than I ever did - even just a few months back.

I understand what you mean. My thoughts and feelings are evolving so fast, I won't even express what they are right now as I am changing to fast. Its like unravelling a huge ball of yarn. The closer to the middle you are the faster it unwinds.

purps

• poppers
    poppers

I loved your post. You said, "Reality has replaced delusion." ....... Spirituality and religion aren't really a good mix because such a "spirituality" is keeps you blind to what is actually and truly real. Finding the reality of what one actually is opens up an entirely different sort of spirituality that uncovers real freedom, and when free nothing brings fear and a sense of the spiritual connects you to everything. I am happy for you.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    But at some point I began to stop needing anything 'organized' in my life religiously.

I know how you feel. At first I tried several different churches, trying to replace the KH. Now I know that I don't need any form of "organized" religion. It really is a great feeling of freedom!

BB

• poppers
    poppers

Yes purps, like a ball of yarn. Let it unravel completely and the astonishment of discovering what lies in the center will leave you speechless at what is found - the crystal clarity of your essential nature, awareness - your real "home".

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I agree with you Jeff,

For the past couple of years I've been looking for something, not quite sure what. Organized religion scares me, I'm not sure if I believe in God or not, some days I do, some days I don't.

On occassion when I have gone to church, it feels good, uplifting and after I still have this sort of high, then I start thinking of my life as a JW and won't go back to church for a while.

It's very confusing not knowing what I should feel, what I should believe, what is right???

Ok I'm rambling now so I'll just stop, just one of those days.......

nj

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Hi AK-Jeff,

I went through similar stages myself (which is not meant to "confirm" anything, since all paths are different), but I'd like to say I find your simple honesty refreshing. The more we strive to be consistent with our (online or "real-life") persona, out of pride or self-consciousness or loyalty or whatever, the more time we spend in situations which don't really suit us. To each one his/her pace, mountains change slower than clouds (but they do change, too), but you seem to have been granted a rather fluid soul, which is a rare blessing.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear Jeff:

In total agreement!

Your friend,

Richard

(The Wanderer)

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    I still feel spiritual, but not in a religious sense nowadays.

This is exactly how I feel too!

• Backed away
    Backed away

Jeff,

My respect level for you has gone up another notch! Your a thoughtful poster and I always appreciate your kind words for others. Now your being candid about your spiritual changes,

I too have been a similiar journey into free thinking and it has led me to places I thought I would never go or think. Even another religion or Church still comes with structure and you still would be just associating with those who mainly feel exactly the way you do.

This is what I love about this board, I even enjoy the Atheists V Theists posts because it poses both sides,(although sometimes it gets mean spirited), its still something we never had before and probably doesn'y fully exist in ANY church. A real breath of fresh air!

Isn't it amazing what freedom to think on your own without the guilt feels like.

Don't be surprised if you journey is still a work in progress.. hang in there, this is a good thing.

BA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit